Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: ammo  (Read 8822 times)

death

• Private
    • View Profile
ammo
« on: October 05, 2008, 21:45 »

monsters should drop ammo  or health sometimes  it would greatly improve the game

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
Re: ammo
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 22:28 »

The point of the game is to kill as much as you can with limited supplies. If they dropped ammo and health then a skilled player would be able to survive indefinatly if he was lucky enough to get enough health drops. Usually the sword is enough to kill mandagores and beasts without taking damage anyway.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Frankosity

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 06:31 »

Speaking of ammo, if you have ammo left at the end of a night, is it carried over to the next night?

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 11:23 »

So it is. This is a good idea to give ammo. Because if you are skillful enough to go on, so this ammo will be pretty handy. And in DiabloRL and in DoomRL there were bonus ammo. And the mode is so called : ENDLESS
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 08:40 »

Speaking of ammo, if you have ammo left at the end of a night, is it carried over to the next night?

Yes, it is. You also get some additional supplies for the next day, so that conserving stuff is easier.

So it is. This is a good idea to give ammo. Because if you are skillful enough to go on, so this ammo will be pretty handy. And in DiabloRL and in DoomRL there were bonus ammo. And the mode is so called : ENDLESS

If you are skillful enough, you'll make it without additional knives, bombs, powder and other stuff. And that's the point of the game.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 01:33 »

If you are skillful enough, you'll make it without additional knives, bombs, powder and other stuff. And that's the point of the game.
Actually the point of the game is to die eventually, but take as much of them with you as posible ;).
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Sachiko

• Sergeant
  • I hunt down Cheat-modders and collect their skulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 17:05 »

Actually the point of the game is to die eventually, but take as much of them with you as posible ;).

Still, if you're given extra ammo for killing monsters, you're breaking the spirit of the game. You're supposed to have few resources, and with those resources, you must be as much of a challenge for the monsters until you finally fall. If monsters drop ammo... Then you no longer have few resources.
If you ever use cheat-mode, I'll go for you and kill you while you sleep.
Pages: [1]