Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 19:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Berserker "zerk armor" bug  (Read 1837 times)

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Berserker "zerk armor" bug
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:09 »

I'm just adding this topic because there doesn't actually appear to be a topic for reports on the subject.  Although I don't have a complete solution, I have learned a few things regarding the problem:

- The obvious: it only bugs when zerk armor is gained through the Berserker trait.  Berserk Packs have not been known to cause this bug.
- Adding to the counter does not resolve the issue as long as your zerk armor is currently bugged.  That is, trying to "go berserk" while already berserked (with the bug in play) will not un-bug the armor problem; this includes using Berserk Packs.
- Bugging does not hold for a particular game; berserking on separate occasions through the use of Berserker may or may not bug the armor, regardless of whether or not it has bugged on a previous use.

Things to check:
- Do ANY of the benefits for berserk work under this condition?  Unfortunately, berserk speed doesn't actively modify your movement/firing/melee/etc stats to reflect the berserk state, but this can still be verified by comparing the relative action speed of other monsters in your view.  Also, berserking massively increases melee damage, so if you aren't one-hitting just about everything, there's a problem.
- What has happened on the same turn as berserking when the bug occurred?  Knockback, non-local enemy death (e.g., death by terrain or splash), spawning, loss of health, tactic (cautious etc.), enemy reloading/attacking/moving?  Considering no one have really pinpointed where it may be coming from, trying to isolate what can be happening would be a good idea.

Some of the mods are a good place to start: Restless and Invasion carry some powerful melee weapons and fast levels, so it's easy to reach berserk mode in these games.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Berserker "zerk armor" bug
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 14:19 »

Or we can just create own mod with weapon, which does massive damage to enemies with massive defence&hp. Since the cance depends of damage dealt, you can just deal 100 damage and zerk freely.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.
Pages: [1]