Chaosforge Forum

• March 18, 2024, 19:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: The Horrible Ideas Thread  (Read 129673 times)

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
The Horrible Ideas Thread
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:41 »

Have you ever had a random idea coming up in your mind that you'd always wanted to lose in the Requests For Features section, but is so horrible that it would be plain ridiculous to do so? Well, look no further!
While the Requests For Features section is for "All those crazy ideas you'd like to see implemented in DoomRL", in this thread you can get rid of "All those retarded ideas you'd never want to ruin DoomRL with"!
Before you "suggest" something here, think about your idea actually being implemented in DoomRL. If you're starting to feel disgusted or get a sudden urge to facepalm, post it!

Here's mine:
When you've killed Cyberdemon, the game wouldn't end, but instead an extra staircase appears somewhere in the level, and if you go down, you get into a room full of dancing monsters to whom you can talk. If you talk to them, they'll say things like "Congraturation!" and other completely useless crap.
In order to complete the game, you *must* go all the way through this room (and you can't attack the monsters... we don't wanna spoil the fun party!).
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: The Horrible Ideas Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 06:46 »

Uh... how do we talk to the dancing monsters if we can't attack them?  If I recall correctly, even walking into them is considered an attack...
I computed, therefore I was.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 07:59 »

Deus Ex hidden level? :P
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 02:22 »

Angel of Deja Vu

"Wait, why does this feel familiar?"

Unlike Angel of Haste, you have to fight through each level twice, and the second fight through does not give any experience.  And if you do venture into the Mortuary... good luck.  You need to kill those things twice.  Oh did I mention that whatever was spawned and taken/destroyed stays taken/destroyed i.e. not going to respawn?  So for example, you won't see another backpack in the Wall on your second time down.

Oh this means twice the Cybie fight for a win, and if you get further than that, you have to fight that thing twice also to consider it a win.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:25 by thelaptop »

Patashu

• Backer
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 16:51 »

How about an imp who has to infiltrate a Marine Base, instead of the other way around?

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 00:11 »

Angel of Min Carnage

"I'm the most unluckiest man alive."

You are a decent marine, having decent aim and all.  But whatever weapons you use, you always cause minimum damage.  In this Bizarro world twist, everyone and everything does the minimum possible damage while leaving hit percentages untouched.

That's one long way down...

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 00:17 »

Hell's Football Special Level (Football here refers to the American version, not the usual one we are all familiar with.)

In this special level, you start on one end of a mostly empty arena (which might have some 4x3 pillars that are destructible).  On the far end of the level is a room with indestructible walls and a single door (and the stairs down ho ho ho).  Behind you, two tiles away, is a standard demon.  Your task is to lead the demon into the room on the far end (the Corral) and close the door behind you.  Your reward is a Megasphere that will appear in the Corral when the demon is successfully in the room with the door closed.

But watch out!  Guarding the room are four Barons of Hell, with the intention of killing the demon (and you of course!).  At any time, once the demon dies, you will never be able to get the reward, since it's impossible to have it resurrect so that you can lead it into the room.

Good luck trying to score the touch down for Hell's Football!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 00:19 »

Angel of Nuclear Fire

You are armed with only one weapon: the Thermonuclear bomb.  Actually, your entire inventory is full of it.  Your task is to make it down to the Cyberdemon and kill that thing once and for all.

It's like AoRA except you have the nukes in your hands, but cannot wield any other weapons for use.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 01:11 »

Angel of Mutation

Guess they should have figured out a better way to dispose of their radioactive waste. You're on a mission to kill the Cyberdemon, and the deeper you delve, the higher your level (similar to AoPc) - the only catch is that you don't get to pick your traits. The upside? You can get any traits randomly (weighted list). The downside? You might become a Cyberdemon eventually. Who knows?
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

ParaSait

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 13:35 »

Hell's Football Special Level (Football here refers to the American version, not the usual one we are all familiar with.)

In this special level, you start on one end of a mostly empty arena (which might have some 4x3 pillars that are destructible).  On the far end of the level is a room with indestructible walls and a single door (and the stairs down ho ho ho).  Behind you, two tiles away, is a standard demon.  Your task is to lead the demon into the room on the far end (the Corral) and close the door behind you.  Your reward is a Megasphere that will appear in the Corral when the demon is successfully in the room with the door closed.

But watch out!  Guarding the room are four Barons of Hell, with the intention of killing the demon (and you of course!).  At any time, once the demon dies, you will never be able to get the reward, since it's impossible to have it resurrect so that you can lead it into the room.

Good luck trying to score the touch down for Hell's Football!
O.O
C... can you repeat that, please? :P

The downside? You might become a Cyberdemon eventually. Who knows?
In terms of gameplay, how is that a downside? :>
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 13:38 by Mrazerty »

Stormlock

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 20:22 »

Angel of Min Carnage

"I'm the most unluckiest man alive."

You are a decent marine, having decent aim and all.  But whatever weapons you use, you always cause minimum damage.  In this Bizarro world twist, everyone and everything does the minimum possible damage while leaving hit percentages untouched.

That's one long way down...

Melee build anyone? Brute and Vampire would go a loooong way making this easy.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 21:00 »

Melee build anyone? Brute and Vampire would go a loooong way making this easy.
Assuming you don't get bored with the killing...  >.>

ParaSait

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 17:11 »

Angel of Novels

For the slightest thing that happens, the game shows extremely elaborate messages, making you have to press enter like 10-15 times per average turn. But beware, at a random moment, randomly between a bunch of messages, the game will show an important message with a security code which you need to advance to the next level, so you actually need to read everything if you don't wanna get stuck (of course, entering the wrong code will kill you).

"You move your left leg up!"
"You put your left foot onto the next space!"
"You move your right leg up!"
"You put your right foot onto the next space!"
"Let's see what's happening over there!"
"The Baron of Hell presses the button to open the door!"
"The door opens, making a 'fyuw!' sound!"
"The code is 'headache'."
"The Baron of Hell summons a fire ball!"
"Oops, I meant acid ball! Sorry!"
"The Baron of Hell swings his arm, throwing the acid ball at you!"
"The acid ball... oooh will it hit wil it hit... mmmmmmm NO! You've dodged the attack! Well done, marine!"
"The acid ball hits a wall and disappears!"
"Ok, your turn. Hey, wake up man!"

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 18:50 »

Angel of Bad Plot Holes

It's like a normal game, except that there is a small percentage of floor tiles that are just holes in disguise.  If you fall through one, you land on the ground below, and take 2-10 points of damage.  Oh, stairs don't really exist, except for the ones leading to special levels, which, incidentally, still have their usual exits with zero floor tiles that are holes in disguise.

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 23:53 »

lower the damage and I'd play it...
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22