Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 11:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Request for Help : Monsters Needed!  (Read 35849 times)

Andell

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Request for Help : Monsters Needed!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 11:48 »

I have an idea. I know it's stupid but lets try!

Name: Werewolf

Strength: Average
Dexterity: Poor
Speed: Superb

Attack type: Melee

Special abilities: If it's almost dead or hevily wounded it starts to eat corpses and heal itself ( i know its  disguisting, but what you can do if your ALMOST DEAD? )

Behaviour: What does a werewolf do? KILL YOU!

I think a letter like that : "W" could be a symbol of a werewolf. What vdo you think about that, Kornel??

Grats,
    Andell ( the kind of Berserk! noob :))

sn0rb

• Sergeant
  • Blue. Ninja. Needs. Wii. Badly.
    • View Profile
    • Random Ranting
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 16:19 »

Take this with as much a grain of salt as you want- I'm beyond terrible at creating/statting enemies, ever since I first discovered RPG Maker '03. (^_^;

---Monster template---
Name: Succubus

Strength: Poor/Fair
Dexterity: Good
Speed: Fair

Attack: Melee/Special (When she attacks and deals damage to Guts, she regains that much health.)

Special: Can blow Guts a kiss, which draws him towards her (and possibly other monsters!) and (maybe?) lowers his built up rage.

Behavior: When surrounded by a pack of tougher monsters, the succubus is brave- she blows Guts a kiss to draw him near, then she and her friends get to work. However, when she's alone, she hauls ass.

Character: Dark red "S"?
-----------------------

She's kinda intended as a bait type of character- she draws you in so the more powerful monsters can filet you.
Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and science and do it anyway!

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 12:18 »

Here're a few more :)

Name: Swordsong

Strength: good
Dexterity: great
Speed: fair

Attack type: see below

Special abilities: the Swordsong has a melee attack which can be used from a distance, i.e. it is a ranged attack which ignores anything in its path, and doesn't lose accuracy for travel.

Behaviour: keeps its distance, and retreats when char closes in on it.

---

Name: Swordance

Strength: great
Speed: great

Attack type: melee

Special abilities: the Swordance is in an everlasting state of a Whirlwind attack. It also cannot spend a turn in the same spot, and therefore will never move into an occupied spot, though it causes double damage if cornered into such a situation (surprise! ;) )

Behaviour: mostly normal, though the special abilities make this innately different.

---

Name: Mindrape

Strength: poor
Dexterity: poor
Speed: good

Attack type: ranged

Special abilities: I have three versions of this monster thought up here:
    1 - spawns with several monster illusions, based on whatever's around. They all then act normaly, while the Mindrape is disguised as one of them, and it can swap places (and form) with any of these at any time. It will often switch when hit, but will never switch into something that was just hit itself.
    2 - ability has a long casting duration, and when ended, sends char into a small arena-like room which is effectively the chars own mind. There, he must battle something: a horde of demons, a small group of out-of-depth demons, the Mindrape's psychic form (which is much more powerful than its body), or even himself. Once done, he returns to the battlefield. Problem is - while locked in his own mind, the body is left vulnerable to attacks, so this one'd be damn hard to survive unless he's a lone boss (plus, as a boss there'll be alot of room for a very unique Willpower-based "special level").
    3 - probably the simplest to implement, this version makes all other monsters invisible once he's in the char's LOS, and this can only be ended by killing the Mindrape - retreat is futile. Also, berserking is impossible within the Mindrape's grasp. LOS turns blue while under the effect, to signify the mindset of a violated psyche. The Mindrape might be a stealthy blue, or a burning, taunting red, depending on the Mindrape's "personality".

---

Name: Mantrap

Strength: great
Agility: fair
Speed: N/A

Special abilities: the Mantrap looks like a tree, sounds like a tree, and bites like Shai-Hulud.
This one can really get the player paranoid ;)
Every turn the player spends near a Mantrap, there's a chance of it attacking, and the more time it waits, the better the attack is aimed (part Mantrap preparation, part unsuspecting char - so the bonus to-hit may grow also when the char's no longer within range).

Behaviour: it often waits 4-5 turns before attacking, but if the player moves around alot, that could mean going past the same Mantrap several times before finally being bitten with lethal accuracy.

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 15:59 »

When skies are dark, and night reigns true, my beasties come out for you!

Name: Kakkrashnakakkru

Dexterity: good
Speed: good

Special abilities: attack has a 20% chance of paralyzing for 1 turn. No biggie alone, but being hit 3, 5, or 8 times a turn can easily be lethal. Being paralyzed drains berserk momentum.

I'm not sure if this is a spider-like, vague humanoid, or a cunning goblinoid with venomous blades. Maybe both :)
Either way, skin is pitch-black, and there're more than 2 blazing eyes.

EDIT: the paralytic effect isn't supposed to stack, so you're unlikely to get too locked up.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 13:42 by TFoN »

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 13:56 »

This one's inspired by one classic combined with the WC II: Frozen Throne mountain giant.

Name: Dead-Hulk

Description: cross an Ettin with a diabolical zombie.

Strength: superb
Dexterity: fair
Speed: poor

Attack type: melee*2 (two heads are better than one!)

Special abilities: 1- uproots trees for a stronger punch and for knockback unproportional to damage. It can carry up to two trees this way, each increasing one of its attacks.
2- has an aura of decay and an extreme stench, lowering a nearby enemy's ability to hit and his chances to dodge attacks, while doing the opposite for nearby undead. Has no effect on demons and their kin.

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 15:23 »

I'll try with one!

---Monster template---
Name: Stone Giant

Strength: Superb
Dexterity: Poor
Speed: Mediocre/Poor

Attack: Melee and Ranged

Special: Can take a stone of the map to use as weapon (the character might change, or the color at least, to show this up at a single glance) When using a stone, deals double damage in melee, and can throw it to the player for normal damage, losing the stone (but he can take another one later)

Behavior: Goes for the nearest stone. Then, if he's near Gatsu, he'll come to him and bash him to a pulp, and if he's very far, he'll throw that stone. Either way, you are screwed :P

Description: A giant made of stone, with big muscles and a ugly face

-----------------------

Name: Thorn Elemental (there has to be a better name)

Strength: Poor
Dexterity: Fair
Speed: Fair

Attack: Melee

Special: When attacked in melee, causes damage to the player. When you are in Berserk mode, however, the attack is SO brutal that it doesn't have that much opportunity to damage the player (so you receive less damage if attacking him in berserk mode)

Behavior: Goes for Gatsu, unpaused.

Description: A plant-like critter, full of thorns and with large arms.
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 04:20 »

(the character might change, or the color at least, to show this up at a single glance)
Color change sounds good, and should certainly work for my Dead-Hulk. I suggest a slightly darker hue, and in the case of multiple items, that's slightly darker for each one held.

And for that other dude's name, how about Thorns Beast? That would also give a feel of it being related to the ordinary beast, just for flavour.

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 04:33 »

Name: Bloodworm

Character used: '.'

Special abilities: none :)
EDIT: weeell, maybe it should have the ability to change into ':' and '%' when it enters such a tile. But that took the sting out of the "none", didn't it?
EDIT II: ah, no, I got it: code-wise it will be iconless, but turn the tile it's standing on red. That'll take care of all types of ground, and it'll simply turn red blood red again.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 04:41 by TFoN »

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 10:50 »

I'll every once in a while go into the Wizards of the Coast website for inspiration from the art gallaries.
This one's based directly on a certain illustration (I'd love to know if mine's anything like their's :P ):

Name: Crawling Head

Description: a formerly human head! It used to have a body, but the over-confident wizard that was it claimed his head's enough to deal with anything. Then he died, went to hell; now that's all he has. Apparently this happens quite often.

Strength: poor
Dexterity: poor

Special abilities: our wizards discover all too late that they could use the extra buff a body serves for. Although normally the forces of hell give no quarter, this is war, and as is war, they'll make exceptions for those hard workers. A Crawling Head can attach itself to another monster, which loses its [original] head, that shrivels up and dies. This done, it not only increases the monster's intelligence (that'll matter if varying types/degrees of AI'll be implemented), but it also regains some of its arcane capacity - *if* the new body has the limbs for it. Also, such a head'll have little respect for the body of another (some will never learn...), so if pain'll be implemented in monsters, it will have a lesser effect on the reheaded.
There is little danger for the char, however, of being beheaded by these nasty bastards: they're rather slow moving for one thing, but they are also demonic in essence, and require a demonic host for such a purely physical possession.

Behaviour: as heads they're rather skittish and nervous little rodents. Only the most foolhardy or panicked among them will attack a character directly, as although their mouths're disgusting and diseased, there's little immediate effect in a bite. They are most likely to avoid the char until they may possess a useful body. Once they've done this, they will regain their former arrogance and charge with all their might, brute force and arcane power alike.

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 10:55 »

I should note that if anyone here other than Kornel wants to use [some of] my ideas, or has requests for new ones, go ahead - just let me know where it's going, first.
I've beasts aplenty and they want food and warm homes :)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 11:16 »

Just a note -- I read all ideas, and am eager to hear more :D. As you noted some of them have been used in this form or another.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 11:48 »

I should note that if anyone here other than Kornel wants to use [some of] my ideas, or has requests for new ones, go ahead - just let me know where it's going, first.
I've beasts aplenty and they want food and warm homes :)

Yes, the same goes for my ideas. They are GPL'd :P

Just as I take credit where it's due, I have no problem with anyone using them!

And another monster, just for kicks:

Name: Giant Slime

Strength: Legendary
Dexterity: Terrible/Poor
Speed: Terrible

Attack: Melee

Special: Uses three map squares(!) The head is what moves and attacks, and the other parts just do the last movement of the head for part one and the last movement of the part one for part two. In other words, when the head moves a space, the next body piece instantly moves to the just emptied space and the next one moves to the now empty space. If it's not clear enough, please ask. :)

The first part, the head attacks, but to damage it you must attack its tail! So you have to avoid the head, which has a very strong attack and attack it from the rear.

Behavior: Dumb as hell, most probably. But since he's big and mean, it's no problem:P

Description: A giant slime, towering over other monsters. Has some horns and a soft body, but his skin is very tough everywhere except at the tail.
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 12:06 »

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 08:53 »

Here's an obvious alteration to an existing monster - the Geomancer. Same as Forester, but animates boulders and sections of wall into Rock Golems. Clear ground can be used to summon an earth elemental, but this should be powerful and very rare (possibly only done on low health, and destorys the Geomancer, making it a metamorphozis rather than a summoning). A nice aspect of this should be that if created (either way used) on bloody ground, it's colored red :)
Anyway, very low speed, very high HPs and damage, and can integrate rocks for health (alternatively or additionaly, it may slowly regenerate).

And, taking that Earth Elemental idea, this could be used with foresters to create Shambling Mounds off grassy terrain. These will have massive regenerative abilities as their main advantage, so they don't really need (or, in fact, shouldn't have) high HPs or damage. You simply have to kill it in a few turns, or you might as well not waste your time. Possibly, regeneration slows down while off grass.

Both transformations, once in effect, disable all previous summoning abilities.
(Edited very late, but I had just noticed how unclear the original text may have been)

Now, for a clean, new idea:

Name: Spirit Leech

Strength: terrible (if applicable; see below)
Speed: superb

Attack type: special

Special abilities: attack semi-permanently drains 10-15 HPs, afterwhich the SL will attempt to escape off the map. This can only be reverted by chasing down and killing the SL, though while MaxHPs're fully regenerated by this, some minor damage is still taken. MaxHPs in Endless mode are regenerated at a rate of 10 points or so per night, as the wounded spirit heals itself. This may modify normal healing.

Behaviour: doesn't go directly for the char when attacking, and doesn't go directly for the exit grid when retreating. Acts more like a deranged, drunk fly would.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 08:26 by TFoN »

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2007, 13:05 »

Name: Varannhak

Description: an odd being that looks like a cross between a low-lying thick mist and a huge rat. It has an amorphic body, though a vague form resembling a rodent's snout is always present somewhere within it, with large, elongated eyes burning either a bright red or a sickly teal.

Speed: poor

Attack type: melee (the form is more solid than it would possibly seem, and the attack is purely physical)

Special abilities: on attack the Varannhak spreads into additional tiles adjacent to the char: these aren't new monsters - these are the same creature and "they" share its statistics exactly. This serves to block the char's path, and it is indeed easier to block the path of one who has already surrounded himself with natural obstacles. Other monsters may walk across terrain covered by a Varannhak; it is still there, however, and if the other monster is killed, the Varannhak effectively reoccupies that space immediately.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All