Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 23:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bugged large ammo crates and Survivalist problem  (Read 3949 times)

johnnih

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Bugged large ammo crates and Survivalist problem
« on: April 21, 2014, 05:35 »

Hi there.

Just started playing DoomRL a week ago. Thanks for making such a great game. I did encounter a couple of problems, though.

1) Large ammo packs of all types tested so far does not work for me. I can never reload from an ammo chain, shell box or rocket box sitting in my inventory. If I have no other source of that ammo in my inventory, trying to reload a weapon will produce the "no ammo for [insert weapon name]" message. I have just now read that keeping a large ammo pack in the prepared slot means you can fast reload from it. I have yet to test this, but I don't believe it is meant to be the only method of reloading from those packs?

2) I have just played a game in which I went for Army of the Dead shotgun master trait. Afterwards I got 3x Ironman and 2x Tough as Nails as I went for the Survivalist Master Trait. I did not block this master through Hellrunner, SoB, or Berserker, yet I couldn't skill it. I can think of a couple of reasons though. Maybe only one master trait is allowed? Maybe the Butcher's Cleaver I picked up earlier that game somehow conflicted with Survivalist as it grants access to Blademaster? But I didn't have Butcher's Cleaver equipped while attempting to pick the master trait.

I didn't think to take a screen dump. If these are indeed bugs, let me know if I can help through some kind of documentation.

[11|5|2|0|0]
Cacodemon Sergeant

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Re: Bugged large ammo crates and Survivalist problem
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:27 »

Hey there, welcome to the forum and glad you're enjoying the game. As to your questions:

1) Ammo packs can either be unloaded from the ground (stand on top of them and press 'U'), but in that case you only gain normal ammo from them. To use the reload function, put them in your prepared slot (press 'e' to access the equipment screen, go to the prepared slot and use tab or enter keys to select the pack).

2) You can indeed only ever have one Master Trait. The Cleaver grants the effects of the Blademaster trait, it doesn't grant you the trait itself - even though, stupidly enough, it does say so on the wiki. But not for much longer...

Allow me to take this opportunity to direct your attention to the Quick Questions thread, which is very useful if you're unsure about any aspect of the game. Your eagerness is appreciated, but please try to only log bugs if you're sure the game isn't doing what it should.
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

johnnih

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:49 »

Ah, that clear things up.

I'm sorry about the false bug report. I totally missed that quick questions thread.
[11|5|2|0|0]
Cacodemon Sergeant

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 07:01 »

Don't sweat it.

Closing topic on account of no bugs being involved.
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]
Pages: [1]