Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 16:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Best way to get Biggest F***ing Gun Assembly  (Read 3184 times)

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
  • Former Android(Now Human) Assassin
    • View Profile
Best way to get Biggest F***ing Gun Assembly
« on: August 27, 2014, 13:36 »

I've been working on my last Assembly needed for Technician Diamond: The Biggest Fucking Gun. Requires Mods BBFF as a Master Assembly with 2 Levels in Whizkid.
I've seen the Pros and Cons of trying to get this assembly through various means:
1. Standard Game. Pros: Guaranteed BFG9000 at Halls of Carnage/Spider's Lair. Cons: Short Game consists of Less Exotics/Uniques for the 2 Firestorm Mods needed, and sometimes you're unlucky enough to get killed by 2 shamblers in Deimos Lab because Hells Armory wasn't rolled instead.
2. Ao100/AAo666: Pros: Plenty of Exotics/Uniques to disassemble for the 2 Firestorm Mods. Cons: BFG9000 Drop is unlikely, and I've went an entire Ao100 finding ONLY ONE BFG9000 at Floor 98. Ao666 Tends to kill me early on more often, and I don't know why.

2 Questions before the options that lay before you:
1: Can Shamblers heal? I've noticed that the last time I died to the Twin Shamblers in Deimos Lab, at some point they both said "scratched", then one of them said "almost unhurt". The reason why I died is because there was no rockets for the 2 Rocket Launchers and 1 Missile Launcher that dropped, and no plasma weapons in sight. It was either chaingun or tactical shotgun, and neither did much damage at all.
2: Is Ao666 deadlier/harder than Ao100, given both are done on HNTR as a Scavenger Build, around Floors 3-18?

How should I go about this last assembly?
A. Do Standard Game and Pray you get Hells Armory(that happens to have Firestorm Mod after shambler and not Nano/Onyx/Sniper)
B. Do Ao100 and Pray that the BFG9000 Drops at all
C. Do Ao666 and Pray that you don't get your but kicked before you reach Floor 25
D. Consider one of the 3 above options, and also say that the last Assembly I need happens to be the hardest one to get(Answer in Form of DA, DB or DC for this one)
E. Select Option A, B, C, DA, DB or DC, but don't play a scavenger because the lack of damage/survival is worse than the lower chance of Firestorm Mods
Was forced to discard my Moustache, long hair and Bandana when I joined the UAC.
Hell Baron Major(0.9.9.7G)
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to get Biggest F***ing Gun Assembly
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 14:28 »

Well, Shamblers regenerate 1HP per action and have 3 armor, so you better kill them fast. If you find nothing better, a double shotgun to the face may be your best bet.
There doesn't seem to be any indication of Ao666 being deadlier than Ao100 on the same difficulty and level depth.

There's one thing you didn't consider: Armory/Deimos Lab sometimes contains schematics. You have to play on UV or N! to have a non-negligible chance of finding master schematics, of course. And don't dismiss Deimos Lab - it contains one extra rare mod over Armory, so a (small) chance exists that you find two firestorms right after defeating those two shamblers even on HNTR.

Also considering that the Biggest FGun may even not be the hardest assembly to get (cybernano armor requires two rare mods as well), my answer would be standard game on UV as a Scavenger - if you can survive, of course.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 15:10 »

Problem is, I usually can't survive that long on UV without 2 Intuition right away. I was going to consider doing AoMC+AoCn on UV to try and hunt the 19% Chance of a Master Schematic, but it's too hard and unreliable, since I've died at least 4 times and the 3 times I managed to clear Hells Armoury(painfully slow, praying that the enemies wouldn't get a chance to hit me, except for the early on cacodemons that are unavoidable), I got 2 onyx mods and 1 sniper mod. I could easily have gotten the same onyx/sniper mod on HNTR/HMP. I didn't even find any Advanced/Basic Schematics in those runs.(I don't know if I can since I got all of them already)

I just need a RELIABLE source of BFG9k+2 Firestorm or Master Schematic that can be done on HNTR or HMP. UV is too hard for me to have any fun at it.(Either Get Killed, or Tediously try to make sure you don't get hit at all, possibly with the even more annoying radar shooting)
Was forced to discard my Moustache, long hair and Bandana when I joined the UAC.
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 22:13 »

I just need a RELIABLE source of BFG9k+2 Firestorm or Master Schematic that can be done on HNTR or HMP. UV is too hard for me to have any fun at it.
There's nothing like a "reliable" way. In standard game, the chance of having a master schematics generated is negligible (although non-zero) on HNTR/HMP.

The closest, in maximizing your chances, would be Ao666 HNTR Scavenger (HNTR to not get you killed too soon).

Of course, since your attack traits are quite limited (no Ber, DG or TH), you will be heavily dependent on equipment you find and/or assemble to even survive. No chance for schematics on Ao100/666 - these only appear in Armory or Deimos Lab, so don't count on these. And you may as well die of boredom.

Oh, and you can only find schematics of assemblies unknown to you, so no wonder that you found none of those.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 04:46 »

The closest, in maximizing your chances, would be Ao666 HNTR Scavenger (HNTR to not get you killed too soon).

Worked for me.

But it's boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring ><
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 04:50 »

Full Clear of Hell's Armory on UV is doable for me, although Deimos Lab is not. Nightmare is impossible for me atm on any level. I wonder which is more likely:
1. Find 2 Firestorm Mods and 1 BFG9000 within the first 130 levels of Ao666 as Scavenger on HNTR - Easier but longer
2. Find a Master Schematic at Hell's Armory within 5-10 tries(not counting Deimos Lab rolls) on AoMC+AoCn on UV - Harder but shorter
[24|18|9|1|0|0]
Pages: [1]