Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 23:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A couple insectoids that require squashing.  (Read 3199 times)

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
A couple insectoids that require squashing.
« on: April 11, 2007, 02:52 »

These both are doable in the current beta.

1. It seems that if something dies by bleeding directly after you kill it, you'll get the experience for the kill, but not if it bleeds to death anytime after (it looks like if it gets to do something before dying that the bleed damage isn't associated with you anymore).  I'm not saying this is the problem; in fact, I like it.  What is the problem (or rather, my problem) is that bleed damage is only attributed to you in this singular instance.  Either it should be always attributed to you (which would be really, really nice... can you please try and make it possible?) or never (not as nice, but at least would be consistent).

2. If you run into a wall, the game counts it as a move.  This is not a good thing as enemies will then feel free to do what they like, which usually means shooting you.

Zeb

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: A couple insectoids that require squashing.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 18:51 »

I'd think that running into a wall in real life would count as a move too. :-P That's really something that  uses time in any roguelike, and makes sense if you think about it.

I would really like the bleeding to either give you experience or be gotten rid of though. It sucks taking the time to get a tough monster almost dead and then have it bleed to death on you. ;_;

zaimoni

• Greater Elder
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 22:17 »

Yes, running into a wall in real life would count as a move...but would the character subconsciously reject the idea of running into the wall?

Zeb

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 23:46 »

Haven't you ever been playing an FPS with your back against the wall when you can't think of anything to do for a few seconds as the monsters close in? Maybe that's what it is representing. :-P

I don't really see it as a big deal either way, it doesn't seem like something that would be hard to change at all so maybe Kornel will decide to do it anyway. I think the bleeding Exp is the more pressing issue however.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 14:28 »

About running in walls - for me it's not a feature, it's just annoying imperfection(sorry, Kornel, but it's my opinion)). Anyway, if it is a feature, i'd prefer that moving in walls won't count as move. It would be really handy.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11
Pages: [1]