Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 09:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possible new classes?  (Read 3265 times)

HouseCat

• Private FC
  • Mee-freakin'-Yiaow!
    • View Profile
Possible new classes?
« on: June 25, 2007, 14:49 »

Uhm...I have a possible idea for a new character class or two...

'Security Personell'
Basically the police and home defence forces already stationed in the complex. Probably starting off equipped with the .45 pistol and a shotgun instead of the marine armament? uhm, experience bonuses would probably be on shotgun-type weapons, and armor. Maybe if you implement the auto-turrets, If you're this class, you dont need technician skill to re-activate them, and they'll be forced safe. You could still encounter 'rogue' turrets previously activated.

'Synthetic'
More of an all-round class than the marine. except needs more experience to advance levels in anything (maybe 10-15%?), countered by the fact that the aliens would pay less attention to them, especially 'facehugger' types, If their implemented. If possible...Give them a kind of 'ressurection' after death, maybe at 25% health, with 30% 'permahealth'?

'marine commander'
bonuses to perception(10), technical(10), and rifles(5) and sidearms(5). This one would probably hinge on you implementing the motion detector from another thread, but have the commander equipped with one to counter the experience cost.

Just a few basic ideas...I havent played the game much, so my idea of the experience costs is probably wayyyyy off.
Splash damage? Who needs it. Give me rapid-fire any day.

DaEezT

• Local Inquisitor
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Possible new classes?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:12 »

The Syntethic might work as some sort of special class for challenge type gameplay or as an reward that is unlocked by some achievement.
The other two don't really strike me as necessary.
Also, there are still too many missing features to really appreciate the different classes we have right now.
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

bleak

• Lance Corporal
  • Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 19:49 »

Missing features such as what? I'd love love love to see some new classes. There just aren't enough yet.

DaEezT

• Local Inquisitor
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 04:18 »

I could list a hundred possible features but I don't want to give too much away.
One simple example would be the ability to hack certain things (special terminals or door locks) which helps solve missions or simply to survive. With something like that the class balance would shift.
Right now, the effects of the main skills of those "non-combat" classes (medic, technician) aren't of much use.
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."
Pages: [1]