Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 23:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Trait selection screen says you get a +4 melee damage bonus from Brute.  (Read 3660 times)

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile

It's actually +3.  As you can see from looking at the SoG topic, I just checked it and the numbers don't even match up between the end screen and the trait screen.

Behrooz Wolf

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Brute at +3 or even +4 damage, even for AoB games-- it kind of becomes irrelevant around chainsaw time.

Maybe if it gave a melee to-hit bonus as well?

DisaffectedBeta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

a to-hit bonus would definitely help sell melee attacks better.  Maybe the chainsaw's damage advantage would be offset by it taking a while to finish up.  Paralyze your current target, but have it do less damage per round sorta thing.  As long as you're attacking the paralyzed target, it stays paralyzed, but if you switch weapons or targets, the paralysis doesn't last and the chainsawed enemy can attack back.  Maybe paralysis would be a function of its current HP so you don't do this on stronger enemies, but I remember chainsawing weaker enemies in Doom and having them just sit there switching until the chainsaw had finished with them.

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile

About chainsaw...did anyone else notice that chainsaw seems significantly stronger on the level where you find it ? I noticed that on that level i kill those cacos from one hit, most of the time. When i was playing AoB - i couldnt kill cacos with one hit anywhere else, even with Brute 2.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka

Maybe it's because you're berserked most of the time in CC?
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Maybe it's because you're berserked most of the time in CC?
AoB is basically one continious berserk, so no, not because of that. Then again, maybe i'm just seeing things...even though they happen so regularly.
Pages: [1]