Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Frozen Depth 1.02 released!  (Read 42772 times)

RickVoid

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Low Health Message
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2007, 11:09 »

Sure, I'll second that. I sometimes play DoomRL like I play Doom- Hold down the move button, and twitch shoot. Which is bad. Having something that forces me to stop when my health is low should save a few poor bastard marines.

On a wholly unrelated note, I managed to kill the first boss. Dwarven Rangers wielding blessed copper flails with a blessed stunning willow bow ready to swap in for the win! :)

And I officially hate traps. Which gives me a thought. Glowie, have you considered giving players permanent, always active traits? For example, all classes get the same traits, but they get them in different orders. So while a Ranger might get Trap Sense (a trait that either gives you a bonus to dodging traps, or gives you a chance to see a trip before you trip it) at level 3 or so, a Fighter might not get the trait until level 9 or 10. The player doesn't choose the trait they receive, they get it automatically on level-up.

Back to the Frozen Depths!
Campbell: Snake, press the action button.
Snake: ... What?
Campbell: The action button, on the control pad.
Snake: What!?

Glowie

• IRC-Op
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Frozen Depths
Re: Frozen Depth 1.02 released!
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2007, 10:58 »

On a wholly unrelated note, I managed to kill the first boss. Dwarven Rangers wielding blessed copper flails with a blessed stunning willow bow ready to swap in for the win! :)

And I officially hate traps. Which gives me a thought. Glowie, have you considered giving players permanent, always active traits? For example, all classes get the same traits, but they get them in different orders. So while a Ranger might get Trap Sense (a trait that either gives you a bonus to dodging traps, or gives you a chance to see a trip before you trip it) at level 3 or so, a Fighter might not get the trait until level 9 or 10. The player doesn't choose the trait they receive, they get it automatically on level-up.

Back to the Frozen Depths!

Good work, that character seemed to have incredible luck in the first 10 floors.

Early in the development I had something like that in mind, but then decided that I've got enough different skills/potions/wands/accessories/dungeon feature effects to create. I thought I might run out of good ideas, I prefer no trait system to a small and bad trait system. Now that I've created the other things, I could consider the possibility of adding some kind of a trait system to make the trainings a bit different. I'll add this to the "Maybe" section of the to-do list. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]