Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 08:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ammo stacks acting weird after I pick up Backpack [FIXED]  (Read 2925 times)

tisiphone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

I’m playing 0.9.8.7 version of DoomRL with sound on windows 98 (yeah).

The stacks of ammo begin to act weird after I picked up the backpack. Not in game breaking way, just though I’d mention it since no one else had (I think). Basically, I got things like 70, 50 and 30 stacks of power cells and 140, 100 and 63 stacks of 10mm ammo. I imagine it could eat up inventory space if you don’t notice this... not exactly life threatening but could be irritating.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:48 by Kornel Kisielewicz »
I want my games for entertainment and escapism, not ethics education, thank you very much.

bleak

• Lance Corporal
  • Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Ammo stacks acting weird after I pick up Backpack
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 18:57 »

Drop all your ammo then pick it back up again. It increases the max stack size of ammo by 40%, but it doesn't automatically reorganize it, so your old stacks will still exist unless you force them to merge.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 06:37 »

AFAIK this is already fixed in the beta, or am I wrong, beta-testers?
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

tisiphone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 10:14 »

Quote from: bleak
Drop all your ammo then pick it back up again. It increases the max stack size of ammo by 40%, but it doesn't automatically reorganize it, so your old stacks will still exist unless you force them to merge.

Nah, that’s not what I meant. I was probably not clear enough, sorry.

Some times when I have spare space in my inventory and I pick up some more ammo – instead of filling the old stack to the new max (like 140 10mm ammo) it fills the old stack to the old max (like 100 10mm ammo) and starts a new stack with the leftover. It’s a problem if I have (for example) 140, 100, 60 ammo stacks and want to drop some ammo to make space. I then have to get rid of 40 more ammo then I should. As I said it’s not life threatening, just a bit irritating and if it’s already fixed then this isn’t really important.

P.S. I could swear that picking up the backpack does reorganise the inventory...
I want my games for entertainment and escapism, not ethics education, thank you very much.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 11:16 »

P.S. I could swear that picking up the backpack does reorganise the inventory...
It does :P.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]