Chaosforge Forum

• September 30, 2023, 03:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ammo stacks acting weird after I pick up Backpack [FIXED]  (Read 2666 times)

tisiphone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Im playing 0.9.8.7 version of DoomRL with sound on windows 98 (yeah).

The stacks of ammo begin to act weird after I picked up the backpack. Not in game breaking way, just though Id mention it since no one else had (I think). Basically, I got things like 70, 50 and 30 stacks of power cells and 140, 100 and 63 stacks of 10mm ammo. I imagine it could eat up inventory space if you dont notice this... not exactly life threatening but could be irritating.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:48 by Kornel Kisielewicz »
I want my games for entertainment and escapism, not ethics education, thank you very much.

bleak

• Lance Corporal
  • Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Ammo stacks acting weird after I pick up Backpack
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 18:57 »

Drop all your ammo then pick it back up again. It increases the max stack size of ammo by 40%, but it doesn't automatically reorganize it, so your old stacks will still exist unless you force them to merge.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 06:37 »

AFAIK this is already fixed in the beta, or am I wrong, beta-testers?
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

tisiphone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 10:14 »

Quote from: bleak
Drop all your ammo then pick it back up again. It increases the max stack size of ammo by 40%, but it doesn't automatically reorganize it, so your old stacks will still exist unless you force them to merge.

Nah, thats not what I meant. I was probably not clear enough, sorry.

Some times when I have spare space in my inventory and I pick up some more ammo instead of filling the old stack to the new max (like 140 10mm ammo) it fills the old stack to the old max (like 100 10mm ammo) and starts a new stack with the leftover. Its a problem if I have (for example) 140, 100, 60 ammo stacks and want to drop some ammo to make space. I then have to get rid of 40 more ammo then I should. As I said its not life threatening, just a bit irritating and if its already fixed then this isnt really important.

P.S. I could swear that picking up the backpack does reorganise the inventory...
I want my games for entertainment and escapism, not ethics education, thank you very much.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 11:16 »

P.S. I could swear that picking up the backpack does reorganise the inventory...
It does :P.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]