Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 08:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: More Advanced weapons!  (Read 8619 times)

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
More Advanced weapons!
« on: August 15, 2007, 00:31 »

Dunno about you guys, but it really annoys me to no end that I can never, ever, find the weapon I really want - Advanced chaingun. I've never seen a single one in my adventures, and since I usually go at Finesse right after Inituition, I'd have potential, via Whizkid, to create a true weapon of armageddon. But thanks to the extremely low spawning of advanced weapons, the only time I've ever found use for Whiz is during AoMr.

The least you could do would be to remove all those other special weapons (Fastload etc.) and replace them with Advanceds. They're pretty useless now, anyway. And I don't think it still would increase their spawnings even close enough to make the entire game too easy.

(My other hope would be to get to Mortuary with my inventory full of speed and damage mods, pick up an Advanced plasma rifle, load it up with everything I've got, and start the Apocalypse. Too bad I can never seem to get that far.)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
Re: More Advanced weapons!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 06:14 »

I agree. The only advanced weapon I've ever found was... Taaa-daah ! Advanced Double Shotty ! (crowd screams !)... when playing AoB (crowd says "Booooo !").
And, of corse, adv. BFG 9k in Mortuary and adv. RL behind The Wall. But I'll not count these, cuz they're always spawned.

Seconded !

Or... maybe make whizkid work on regular weapons ? (But, for example, make it giving only 2 slots per level ?)

tisiphone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:30 »

True enough, I have so far never found a single advance chaingun but in my limited experience I have no trouble funding other advance weapons. I have found number of advance pistol, all the variety of advance shotguns and even an advance rocket launcher *before* The Wall. Maybe it’s a bug? Has anyone ever found an advance chaingun?

Also, personally I really like the other special weapons. Not really sure why I like them though. Maybe because they provide something like a hierarchy for weapons uniqueness hence making the prospect of an advance chaingun all the more fun. Don’t know...

Perhaps there could be a reward for a special level that allows you to make one of your weapons of choice an advance weapon, like a customisation kit or something. I think that would be kinda cool.
I want my games for entertainment and escapism, not ethics education, thank you very much.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 09:32 »

Or... maybe make whizkid work on regular weapons ? (But, for example, make it giving only 2 slots per level ?)

Ability to apply 1 mod to every regular weapon was implemented in beta. Also, you can apply one more mod for each level of Whizkid.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:41 by Blade »
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:44 »

Didn't know that. Thanks, anyway... another reason to wait for a new version :).

knlbr

• Lance Corporal
  • yuo is teh doom 'd'd'd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 10:21 »

advanced chaingun (1d6)x5 [65/65] (S1M1)

don't worry, it exists. :(
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 14:44 by knlbr »

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 02:09 »

I say we just add a guaranteed Advanced weapon at the end of Hell's Arena: A random pick of Advanced pistol, (combat/double) shotgun, or chaingun.

That'd solve the problem pretty nicely, I reckon.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 03:51 »

Yeah, this would be kewl. Adv. Double shotty at level 4... mmm... Then enter Hell's Armory, a few vaults and you rule with (12d3)x2...

I like it ! Finally a good prize for arena, that is obiviously hard at HMP and above...

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 08:24 »

Hell arena has too good prizes now anyway.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 08:37 »

You could remove the blue armor. Or once more increase the difficulty a wee bit.

Even better: Make a new special level called Shooting Range! It'd involve hordes of demons and lost souls, and masses of acid barrels. The reward would be a random Advanced weapon, and if you recklessly blow up the barrels, you'll risk blowing up the reward as well. It'd be somewhere on early levels, between the Chained Court and Hell's Armory.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 10:11 »

You could remove the blue armor. Or once more increase the difficulty a wee bit.

Even better: Make a new special level called Shooting Range! It'd involve hordes of demons and lost souls, and masses of acid barrels. The reward would be a random Advanced weapon, and if you recklessly blow up the barrels, you'll risk blowing up the reward as well. It'd be somewhere on early levels, between the Chained Court and Hell's Armory.

Oh, no, leave Hell's Arena as it is now. It's hard to win it on UV(sometimes takes 10 or more tries), and it's reward is good now. About new special level - that's more pleasant solution.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 13:50 »

That reminds me I had an idea for a level that would be called "Barrels'o'fun" xP
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 14:35 »

That reminds me I had an idea for a level that would be called "Barrels'o'fun" xP

Oo, I just loved that level in Doom 2! Make sure you'll use the original music track in that one.

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 12:01 »

tisiphone, this gun came from my game, i used it to kill the cyber (i think)

Advanced Chaingun - (1d8)+2{SoaBx2} x 5+4{Triggerhappyx2} - [142/142] D2R2S1M3

9.87 unfortunately so the SoaB doesnt work

Kornel....BARREL ROLL!!! ROFL!

what about giving the rarely-seen Hell's Armoury a good advanced weapon. like chaingun or doubleshotty, perhaps at the end of the path, with a BoH gaurding it, (ouch boom, there goes all those mods on the other side of the wall next to me.... or how about a level just before halls of carnage with 20 Pain Elementals and tons of advanced weapons, and a rocket launcer next to you, along with a ton of rockets, ie u gotta blow em up, but if u do ull destroy adv. weapons! make it so they all come at you atonce, and you have to rocket most of them, destroy whatever adv.s are in that direction, so u can only save a few...

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 13:12 »

Gosh, just had an another wierd idea... how about adding an... advanced knife ? Or a pair, if there'll be a dual wield option ? Reload and magazine mods wouldn't work here, right, but I think it would be nice to turn a little knife (1d6 dmg) into a bastard sword (1d10 dmg) :). Just for fun, i don't think it'll help AoB fans (anyone except me ?) very much (right, speed mods would work awesome there... but only when you don't kill an enemy with one hit).

BTW : How about bashing with weapons ? I think a marine should cause more damage hitting a hellspawn with BFG9k than with bare hands...
Pages: [1] 2  All