Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 02:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cheats!  (Read 3833 times)

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
Cheats!
« on: August 18, 2007, 07:23 »

The next version of DoomRL should include cheat codes.For example,if you want to cheat you must hit "Ctrl + C".Then,input field appears and then type the code,like iddqd for god mode.However,If the player dies he gets a post-mortem that includes "He was a cheater".I think cheats would be good to give people that think the game is too hard a chance.
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Cheats!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:31 »

Nah.
Maybe an Uber-Newbie-Mode for those who can't manage ITYTD instead! It automatically makes the game exit itself once you take your first step to prevent the player from running into anything that could harm him? That'd be awesome. \o/
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 09:33 »

There could be a cheat that'd allow the player to instantly win the game. He'd just get a message that says "YOU WIN THE GAME!", after which the game'd return to the menu screen.

ParaSait

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 10:18 »

There could be a cheat that'd allow the player to instantly win the game. He'd just get a message that says "YOU WIN THE GAME!", after which the game'd return to the menu screen.

Lol,I think that wouldn't be a lot of fun!

tisiphone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 12:03 »

While I’m certain that cheats will not help a new player learn to play DooMRL better or make him/her appreciate it, I do think some fun can be had by blowing hellspawn to bits in a ridiculously unfair circumstances. Maybe this could be a new “challenge” – Angel of a Pushover or Angel of Unfairness. You could have a command only activated in this challenge that allows you to get any weapon (advanced or otherwise), any ammo and any other pieces of equipment that you could possibly desire. You could also make (to prevent people from spoiling the game for themselves as well as for irony’s sake) this the last unlockable challenge which would require you to complete all the other challenges, as well as the main game, on Nightmare! (or some other ridiculous requirement that would mean the only people able to play this mode would be the people that have no need for it) :D. Could be kinda like a reward for devoting way too much time to playing DooMRL ;).
I want my games for entertainment and escapism, not ethics education, thank you very much.

ParaSait

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 15:24 »

Okay people!I made a poll for it!Let's vote!!

Pages: [1]