DoomRL > Discussion

Screenshots: ASCII and Graphics

<< < (207/210) > >>

Arron Syaoran:
Should be no problem with your cerberus armour. A little off topic(maybe): What Graphics mode do you guys prefer? Tiles or Console? I'm wondering which one I should play since they both appeal to me in equal, but very different ways.
Tiles - More Attractive Graphics, but harder to see further, especially on north/south sides with Cateye+Intuition 2.
Console - Classic, More Genuine Roguelike Experience, but SLIGHTLY harder to identify Enemies and Different Types of Items, and I have a bug where I have to press escape twice in order to use escape function(to cancel look/fire target/exit inventory)

LuckyDee:

--- Quote from: Arron Syaoran on August 20, 2014, 10:08 ---A little off topic(maybe): What Graphics mode do you guys prefer? Tiles or Console?
--- End quote ---

I'd suggest you start a new topic for this, maybe add a poll. It does stray from the main topic far enough indeed, and a question like this has the potential to garner a lot of response. A short side-track from a given topic is no big deal, but this may well grow out to be something larger entirely... Go get 'em!

ZicherCZ:

--- Quote from: Arron Syaoran on August 20, 2014, 10:08 ---Should be no problem with your cerberus armour.

--- End quote ---
It might have been a problem quite easily, thanks to two factors: The sheer number of attacks from Viles and Mancubi could nibble me to death, and second, cerberus red provides zero protection and zero resists against bullets, so the captains could become a problem as well.
Luckily, both of these times these were the very starting positions (with four seconds grace time in full effect), and I had phases to get out of there and then run to safety.

Zuyl:
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

No, but seriously.. obtaining Iron Skull badge is too fucking much of a grind. I spent a good 30 minutes in both Abyssal Plains and this Pain Elemental cave, but come on man... just over 2000 damage taken. I then realised what i was doing with my time and thought it would be better to move on and just finish the game. Got an Angelic Badge later, didn't have that one yet. :)

LuckyDee:

--- Quote from: Zuyl on October 30, 2014, 11:06 ---BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

--- End quote ---

... skulls for the throne of Khorne?

Also, yes. Being the completionist nut that I am, even I draw the line at this one ;(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version