DoomRL > Discussion

Screenshots: ASCII and Graphics

<< < (209/210) > >>

Zuyl:

--- Quote from: LuckyDee on December 04, 2014, 08:17 ---Did you have a strategy for picking it up in mind, or was it just dumb luck?

--- End quote ---

Just dumb luck. Like i said, i didn't have a melee orientated build I encountered DS before on that run and tried to pick it up without succes. The second time i found DS i cleared the floor and had a good think about the description. Then i tried something to pick it up, which didn't work. Then i tried the same thing but with something else and then i just picked it right off the ground.

The Berserker Armor i'm wearing in the picture came to me pretty early in the run. I decided to hang on to it, not sure why.

Minaro:
So, after getting the first medal for a simple run of AoOC and noticing (as I suspected) that it didn't give me any of the AoC medals, I figured I'd just do a run of that aswell. Made a silly mistake and died on my first run. On the second run, I run into the Deimos Lab first thing. After clearing it out, I had gotten myself a Cybernetic Armor, a Nano mod and a Jackhammer. I'm playing as Technician. I doubt any mistakes I'll make at this point are going to end up being fatal, unless I do something downright silly.

thelaptop: Merged with screenshots because... it's a screenshot.

Sereg:
That's one hell of a piece of armor...

Minaro:
Yeah, I think the only thing dealing more than 1 damage/shot might've been Hell Knights or Cacodemons.. Possibly. Arachnotrons should've been down to 1/shot even with the halved armor.

ZicherCZ:

--- Quote from: Minaro on February 07, 2017, 12:29 ---Yeah, I think the only thing dealing more than 1 damage/shot might've been Hell Knights or Cacodemons.. Possibly. Arachnotrons should've been down to 1/shot even with the halved armor.

--- End quote ---
Barons, revenants and mancubi can do still do more than 1 damage per shot as well, and barons double the armor damage. Also, don't take too many hits in quick succession, as the armor would not regenerate quickly enough, and trouble starts once durability drops below 50%.
Still, one hell of a piece of armor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version