Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 17:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: accidentally beat the mortuary in AoB.....WTHF?  (Read 4954 times)

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
accidentally beat the mortuary in AoB.....WTHF?
« on: August 21, 2007, 14:33 »

IN ONE TRY! i savescum, but i had just completed it and i needed the 40 cacos melee'd to fulfill Cacodemon rank requirement. so i loaded at Hell level 3, having just murdered the Angel of Death, and not even meaning to i went through entire game without 1 save.... then at the mortuary, i won.....WHAT! IN AoB!!!! WOW.....
oh btw Kornel could u please fix the Enemy Spawn Levers so they can spawn infintely. TY. Exp is a pain.

on side note...i seem to rock at AoMc! hint, pickup and use health paks u find, so that BoH's and HK's cant use em. also use shotgun, as u will never miss even in coward mode. and obviously get Badass 3 asap.

one more thing. i found an ADVANCED DOUBLE SHOTGUN!....in AoB......HFSTBS!

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
Re: accidentally beat the mortuary in AoB.....WTHF?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 15:38 »

oh btw Kornel could u please fix the Enemy Spawn Levers so they can spawn infintely.

Wouldn't that be a little too easy?
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 19:33 »

Actually I fixed it so it DOESN'T spawn infinitely :P
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 20:37 »

You could make it so that it'll spawn tougher enemies from later on. Sure would be nice to be on level 2 and go "Mm, this is the fifth time for the same spawn... Oh, a Hell Knight. Drat".

Conker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 21:17 »

You could make it so that it'll spawn tougher enemies from later on. Sure would be nice to be on level 2 and go "Mm, this is the fifth time for the same spawn... Oh, a Hell Knight. Drat".

Actually, that'd be rather easy. Assuming a difficulty of H or above, one would most likely have a chaingun by then, thanks to Human Captains, and the enemies don't seem to move for a good three rounds after they're spawned. Hell, even an Arachnotron from one of those levers wouldn't be that scary with those initial free turns.

DisaffectedBeta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 06:28 »

As much as I like the levers for spawning, I tend to stay away from them because I've lost too many games thinking I could take whatever came out and finding myself overwhelmed.  Different types of levers would be fun, of course, like a teleporter or something, but so far I don't see an experience dump being very fair to the game :)

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 23:30 »

Actually, that'd be rather easy. Assuming a difficulty of H or above, one would most likely have a chaingun by then, thanks to Human Captains, and the enemies don't seem to move for a good three rounds after they're spawned. Hell, even an Arachnotron from one of those levers wouldn't be that scary with those initial free turns.

Hell, with the Son of a Gun boosts and speed mods, you could take three Viles with a pistol as long as they spawn in view.  You can't exactly scum Viles very often, but you can. :D

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 11:49 »

wow conker... thats insane.

sorry kornel, its just.... OH

now i remember why i said that, because ive entered a level and gotten (smell of a massacre) which means spawn lever, then i go through everything, dont get ANYTHING hit by explosions, then end up finding 3 or 4 levers, i press em, does whatever, 1 does "you pull the lever..... there is a lever here" which means it activated, or else it says nothing happens, but NOT a SINGLE enemy spawns anywhere! is it that the spawning is linked to still living monsters????

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 19:29 »

RepoRipper - I've noticed that *exact* same bug a few times.  I think it may be triggered by room wall changes, but it doesn't happen very consistently so I can't really "prove" it.
Pages: [1]