Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 23:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Revised Known Bugs  (Read 6140 times)

Conker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Revised Known Bugs
« on: August 22, 2007, 09:45 »

I realise some of these may be fixed in the beta (wouldn't know, don't have the cash to buy it), but I thought a thread with the known bugs of 0987 might be useful for newbies who looked at the stickied topic and didn't see their bug there. Additions or corrections welcome, I'm far from an expert on this game.

The following bugs are, to the best of my knowledge, still unfixed in .0987  (I'm not talking about the beta here).

1. Damage Bonuses from SoaB and SoaG traits do not work.   * Fixed in the current Beta

2. Teleporters can kill the player by trying to teleport him to the location of the teleporter.

3. Player doesn't gain experience from monsters bleeding to death.

4. Boots have no effect.

5. Rooms occasionally generated without exits

6. Possible corruption of player.dat

7. Backpack issues - Unloading uses the old ammo handling code, and picking up stacks creating unusual amounts (apparently fixed in beta).

8. Two players generated (resulting in monsters 'sniping' you) on Arena levels * Apparently fixed in the beta.

9. Saving doesn't preserve invincibility.

Unsure if these are bugs

10. Player doesn't gain experience from pulling a lever, causing barrels to explode which kill monsters.  * Apparently intended?

11. Monsters can be generated in closed off corridors behind barrels, making them impossible to kill in an AoB game (Renders 100% kill rates in AoB even more unlikely :P)

12. Trying to use the BFG with less than 40 plasma cells in the thing takes 'time'. Considering that trying to shoot any other weapon while empty doesn't take time, this would be a nice consistency fix.

Some of these are based on comments on the forums - like the boots one - and so could be incorrect. If so, please let me know.

This will obviously (hopefully) become obsolete when the new version comes out, but until then, hope this helps someone.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 13:58 by Conker »

tisiphone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Revised Known Bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:36 »

Good idea.

Quote from: Conker
8. Monsters can be generated in closed off corridors behind barrels, making them impossible to kill in an AoB game (Renders 100% kill rates in AoB even more unlikely :P)

Personally I like this perk / bug by the RNG as discussed here (9th post down). If this would only be eliminated in the Angel of Berserk I wouldn’t mind but as it doesn’t actually hinder you in Angel of Berserk I wouldn’t want to see it gone for good from every game.

9. This just happened to me today - in an Arena level, with big pools of acid across the center of the level, imps and captains/humans were shooting at me despite being well outside my sight range. Halfway across the level (this based on the fact that they'd fire, I'd move toward them, and still not see them, whilst they fired again. Repeat 8 times). Not sure what was going on there, might have something to do with the player locator thing Potman made a recent post about.

This is a bug in the 0.9.8.7 (and apparently fixed in the beta).
http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php?topic=887.0
http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php?topic=904.0

Also there are a number of bugs to do with the backpack as discussed here and here.

Hope that helps :).
I want my games for entertainment and escapism, not ethics education, thank you very much.

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:03 »

I realise some of these may be fixed in the beta (wouldn't know, don't have the cash to buy it),
You can get some info about the current (beta)version by peeking at the Lifefeed

2. Teleporters can cause unexplained mysterious deaths. Teleporters bad.
The only "mysterious death" I know of is when a teleporter ports you back on itself, causing an infinite loop. This is "solved" by making the marine die instead of teleporting for eternity :p
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 13:26 »

4. Boots have no effect.
Uh what? I'm 99% positive tha boots do work O.o

As for others you can mark off #1 as fixed in beta, and I think that #7 was stated as intended somewhere
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Conker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 17:05 »

4. Boots have no effect.
Uh what? I'm 99% positive tha boots do work O.o

As for others you can mark off #1 as fixed in beta, and I think that #7 was stated as intended somewhere

As I said, that was based off a few forum posts - I wander through lava/acid rarely enough that I never really notice myself. Thanks for the corrections. Edited the OP. I'll leave 7 in the 'Unsure' list for now though, because it seems a bit debatable.

[
2. Teleporters can cause unexplained mysterious deaths. Teleporters bad.
The only "mysterious death" I know of is when a teleporter ports you back on itself, causing an infinite loop. This is "solved" by making the marine die instead of teleporting for eternity :p

Mysterious enough for me. If a new player walks into one and dies that way, they won't really know what happened. I'd say it still needs solving, personally.

Also added the backpack bugs kindly linked to by tisiphone.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 18:13 by Conker »

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 12:33 »

Thanks for the list -- I'll go through it once I get my PC back and will be able to check it with the codebase :/.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Conker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 13:57 »

Addition of #9.

Edit: Also, if boots do work, then what exact effect do they have? I still seem to take damage even with plasteel boots.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 12:48 by Conker »

tisiphone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 13:07 »

12. Trying to use the BFG with less than 40 plasma cells in the thing takes 'time'. Considering that trying to shoot any other weapon while empty doesn't take time, this would be a nice consistency fix.

In the same vein, there is a possible bug that counts it as a move if you run in to walls*. I say “possible” because there seems to be some disagreement on wherever this is the intended behaviour or not.

* http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php?topic=827.0 (first post, last paragraph)
I want my games for entertainment and escapism, not ethics education, thank you very much.

Mr_Dead

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 13:15 »

Addition of #9.

Edit: Also, if boots do work, then what exact effect do they have? I still seem to take damage even with plasteel boots.
Walking around in lava barefoot tends to hurt alot more then if you're wearing a nice pair of boots.
Endure.  In enduring grow strong.

Const

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 11:03 »

Also, if boots do work, then what exact effect do they have? I still seem to take damage even with plasteel boots.

Lava deals 3-4 damage. With steel boots, it deals 1-2 damage. With more strong boots, it deals 1 damage.
plasteel boots are greater - if they half-damaged, they reduce lava damage to 1. Of course, boots are not valuable item, but they work correctly.
Badges [B/S/G/P/D]
16/12/5/1/0

Scarecrow

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 22:22 »

saving dont preserve berserk either

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 09:29 »

All of these (except the intended ones, like not preserving Inv status on save) are fixed in the beta, correct me if I'm wrong.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 14:06 »

All of these (except the intended ones, like not preserving Inv status on save) are fixed in the beta, correct me if I'm wrong.

Seems so, except the corruption of player.dat. Is it intended that monsters, that died from bleeding, don't give you exp, even if it's you, who dealt 99% of damage to them?
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11
Pages: [1]