General > Discussion

Diablo RL?

(1/5) > >>

Malek Deneith:
I remember you doing a small demo-like Diablo RL. What's happening to that project? Will it be continued or did you droped it?

Kornel Kisielewicz:
It was decided that DiabloRL will be discontinued, but recently I had a change of heart and decided to ressurect the project. A new version can be reasonably expected before the end of the year.

Malek Deneith:
Oh Yeah ! Little help from me (maby you already know about it but just in cease): There is "Jarluf's Diablo Guide" which describes about 99% of mechanics f Diablo and Helfire (including things like Monster AI !). I think that could be usefull. :]

You can download it from The Lurker Lounge

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Y'know, without that guide, DiabloRL would probably look a lot different :>. If you take a look into DiabloRL ini files you'll see that all the stats for the monsters, items etc are identical to the original :->

Corremn:
Please continue on DiabloRL, it could be a great distraction from other *ahem persuits, perhaps you could repost the link for those who have not played your demo.  

Just a thought how about StarCraftRL.  At the start you play a lowly soldier that is part of a team (up to 5) and you have to kill a number of enemies.  As you progress in levels you become captain and you take control of your squad.  Hmm sounds like a lot of work for a RL.  Oh well.  I love the idea of basing a RL on something that is already defined, it makes the programmers job a lot easier where he/she can just work on making the game fun. Keep up the good work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version