General > Discussion

Diablo RL?

<< < (5/5)

RabarbaR:
The same ;]

As for MarioBrosRL, make it yourself with Carceri when it's out -- it should be a trivial task :-]

Heh, only if it supports side-scrolling map and parallax background in ASCII ;)

Almafeta:
Okay, after playing DiabloRL, I like what I see.  The only big features that I want implemented are already listed in the 'to do' list, so I don't have much to say -- just have fun making it work!  :3

However, I DID see one problem: the enemies don't 'swarm'.  In Diablo 2, when you fight, melee enemies who can't reach you will circle around you, eventually attacking you from all directions.  In DiabloRL, they sit behind whomever got to you first, meaning you'll have (at most) 3 enemies attacking you at once.  (Ranged enemies usually just fire from where they are.)

I presume that NPC 'allies' will eventually be part of the game, as well?

And I can't wait to see your Carceri Engine.  If it's what it's cracked up to be, I can use it to make FalloutRL.  :3

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: Almafeta
However, I DID see one problem: the enemies don't 'swarm'. In Diablo 2, when you fight, melee enemies who can't reach you will circle around you, eventually attacking you from all directions. In DiabloRL, they sit behind whomever got to you first, meaning you'll have (at most) 3 enemies attacking you at once. (Ranged enemies usually just fire from where they are.)
What did you expect from an AI written in 90 minutes? ^_^. Remember that the whole project took seven days WHILE doing day-to-day stuff like studying.

Quoting: AlmafetaI presume that NPC 'allies' will eventually be part of the game, as well?
AFAIR they weren't present in Diablo I?

Quoting: AlmafetaAnd I can't wait to see your Carceri Engine. If it's what it's cracked up to be, I can use it to make FalloutRL. :3
I would tell you you won't -- because Carceri was designed to mainly build coffee-break dungeon crawls like DoomRL/DiabloRL. But hell! Lua amazes me -- with some additional Lua coding it might be possible ^_^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version