Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 15:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More Atmospheric Stuff, Also Bones  (Read 4185 times)

007bistromath

• Backer
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
More Atmospheric Stuff, Also Bones
« on: October 02, 2007, 00:51 »

AliensRL is good, but it needs just a tiny bit more flavor. Scatter around some computer terminals that give partial maps as well as some log files from the inhabitants of the station before and during the incident. Place some corpses around each level from which you can collect dog tags or other personal artifacts which could be recorded in your player file.

I think bones files would be a particularly potent expression of that, in addition to being of practical use if you happened to have died with anything decent. The implementation doesn't need to be terribly detailed, you don't need to save whole levels and junk as with traditional bones stuff from other RLs. Just spawn an old player corpse in some random location on the level they died at. Bones just seem more appropriate for AliensRL than almost any other game I can think of.

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: More Atmospheric Stuff, Also Bones
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 12:15 »

I'm against bones showing up after the queen gets killed, and/or after the base explosion countdown starts (whenever that gets implemented).  Other than that, I've no objections.

DaEezT

• Local Inquisitor
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 06:12 »

Terminals have been planned from the beginning. We just need someone to write a few dozen pages of text to fill them with ;)
Bones also came up once or twice, especially around the idea of a player being impregnated by a facehugger.
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Oneiros

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 07:41 »

Well, I'm an amateur science fiction writer (got a couple prizes in short stories, but in the horror genre). I'd be more than glad to give it a try.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 11:34 »

Oh, I'd love to!

I'm currently going out of town for a while, but hell, I'd really appreciate some help in this regard :)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]