Chaosforge Forum

• May 21, 2024, 08:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Chaingun Overhaul  (Read 9312 times)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Chaingun Overhaul
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 15:05 »

Well, we have one topic of Chainguns being underpowered, and one topic of them being overpowered... Cool xD
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

MetaEnigma

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 17:07 »

Actually, I quite like this idea--even if it more ascetic then tactical.  What if we examined the percentage of turn that it takes to fire the chaingun? Say, 5 founds take the entire turn, it is a waste if your enemy dies in 2 shots (especially if you have multiple targets).
So, how about this: a controlled burst of between 2-3 shots that take only 50-75% of a turn and long bursts that fire 5-6 shots but take up 100% of a turn. Further, these full-bursts could be used sequentially (say getting an extra-maximum of one or two shots per turn), but with penalty to accuracy when the target is changed (after all, if you have the trigger glued down and you change targets, the bullets have to go somewhere--and could hit multiple targets).

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 00:02 »

Well, we have one topic of Chainguns being underpowered, and one topic of them being overpowered... Cool xD

Nyu-huh, Kornel. Gots it all wrong. What we have is one topic of Shotguns being underpowered, and one topic of Chainguns being boring.

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 00:15 »

[...] and one topic of Chainguns being boring.
huh?

The current Chaingun is fine. Turning it into some kind of assault rifle with a two shot burst and 100% accuracy is what would make it boring.
Don't fix what ain't broken.
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Zeb

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 10:09 »

Nyu-huh, Kornel. Gots it all wrong. What we have is one topic of Shotguns being underpowered, and one topic of Chainguns being boring.

I think he was referring to my topic about SoaB. I could be wrong though. :>

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 18:38 »

Well, I wouldn't mind being able to control my fire past the first 5 for chaingun shots as a part of Triggerhappy.  In fact, that's pretty much the only reason I never take more than a single level of it; I often feel like I'm wasting my bullets even when I only take one level of it thanks to the effects of SoB and EE as applied to former foos.
Pages: 1 [2]  All