Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 07:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bugtracker?  (Read 5251 times)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Bugtracker?
« on: December 03, 2007, 18:19 »

As we know there were ton's of idead/bugs posted since the forums were created, and so it is natural that some of them get missplaced. To help to organize those I suggested to Kornel that he'd create bug/rfe tracker, like one here, but he's reclucant to do so, as he belives that he'll end up the only one using it. He might be convinced to make an bugtracker IF people will be willing to use it OR someone will volunteer to be responsible for moving bugs/rfe's from the forums to the tracker.

Since I belive such a thing could greatly help in Kornel's work I decided to bring this idea to your attention and check will the general populace be willing to use the tracker if created, or if someone will be willing to help in maintaining it.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugtracker?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 23:40 »

I think he doesn't want to use it because he'll be the only one to actually fix the bugs whereas everyone else happily keeps reporting them ;D

Anyway, seconded!
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 14:29 »

Thirded. Imho list of tasks, where written all that you must do is very useful for not forgetting anything.

I can move bugs/rfe's from the forum to the tracker. I'm studying and working from 7 to 23, but when i'm home, i check all new posts on it.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 18:07 »

Blade, would you commit yourself to doing that with Malek? Of course as gratitude you'd be promoted to Chaos Knight :).

One thing that would be needed is providing a link to the topic where the RFE/Bug Report was reported into the bugtracker item's description. But a short summary would also be in order.

at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 15:09 »

Blade, would you commit yourself to doing that with Malek? Of course as gratitude you'd be promoted to Chaos Knight :).

Ok.)
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 15:45 »

Thus Blade, hath you attended the rank of Chaosknight! For the glory of the God Hand! xPPP

A WIP BugTracker is set up here -- we're still working on it -- register on it, and I'll give you additional rights there:

http://flyspray.chaosforge.org
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]