Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 12:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Incredibly unlucky  (Read 2748 times)

Mikey

• Private FC
    • View Profile
Incredibly unlucky
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:49 »

I love this game, but I wish it was a little easier to play, even on easy.  I tend to die alot, I think from stupid mistakes, are there any bugs in the traits that I might not have  noticed trolling the board?  Or maybe I just make bad choices, I do love the shotgun, since Doom never did have a real AR like i carry at work all day, lol.  I have read the whole wiki and i still die on a regular basis around level 8, so does anyone have some better tips?

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
Re: Incredibly unlucky
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 11:04 »

Okay, first. If you're playing around with shotties, switch your tactics to "Coward", because you don't need additional chance to hit, and better defense is always good. Always take Shottyman trait (Needs Reloader(2) ). Then Tough as Nails, Ironman or Hellrunner (IMHO this one is the best).
Always try to get as close to your target as you can. Shotties rule on short distances... and only there. Always try to clear the level - all you need is exp. Never skip Hell's Arena - it's easy, and reward is great... Chained Court is an another bunch of free exp pts.

And be careful ! Attention is a key to victory... usually.

About bugs - Son of a Bitch doesn't give a damage bonus in current release, and so Son of a Gun does.

Does it help you ?

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 15:09 »

I think the next version should be much easier indeed... the current one is just that little bit too hard IMO.
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

Mikey

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 06:44 »

Nope, i tried that and some how i still keep dying around room 4, i am gonna test different strategys and see what i come up with.  SoaB is broken?  that explains alot, i had been trying to get it maxed and wasting my time, lol.  i always do the special levels as i can but sometimes they dont show up until after i am already dead. :(  i hope that in the next version easy really is easy, any word on when it is coming out?

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 07:31 »

Try playing with Intuition(3). Good trait, but you must survive until 5th Character Level. You can remain in coward, because Eagle Eye to-hit bonus is providing you enough chance. And then you can sneak around and snipe hellspawns.
I don't know about next version release date. Hope it'll be soon.
Pages: [1]