Chaosforge Forum

• April 17, 2024, 21:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Predator?  (Read 12611 times)

Daqin

Re: Predator?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 21:31 »

.. have noted in interviews that they consider some of the plot lines to be influenced by the FPS games

Eh.. what they say in interviews and what really is going on and who decides or is "first brain" are totally different things. Living so long in this world I can say words for public is always bullsh*t, wheter it concerns polititcs, movies or whatever. It has different purpose than comunication.

Also, the AvP original film doesn't make much sense in the canon of the Aliens films, although it does somewhat agree with the Predator films...

Oh, and what doesn't make sense for you ? I mean, really, what is there that doesn't make sense ? From my point of view it is kind of masterpiece, things match and it has great psychology (considering human-predator contact in certain situation by certain individuals).

Quote from: Cyber Killer
Besides AliensRL is set in time somewhere around Alien 2 ("Aliens") and there is no guarantee that the Predator race still exists. Anyway it would spoil the great feel of the game.

Exactly. If you look at movies alone you can see what really happened. You can guess where Aliens come from and how did they get to planet from Alien movie, and there is no guarantee that Predator race still exists at that time (even though it seem to exists in games). That's why looking at movies alone it makes different picture, which becomes spoiled if you mix it with games, comics and such.

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
Re: Predator?
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 04:17 »

It's a pretty good idea but it doesn't really fit alien.
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All