Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 01:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.  (Read 290941 times)

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2009, 15:07 »

Evil levitating monsters from hell spitting acid balls... On Mars... Yeah, sure why not.
;P

They're from the portal from Hell! It sounds ok for me that thru the portal from Hell comes demons and evil flying things. But beehive from Hell? I don't think so...

Well, the zombieman aren't from hell, they are the possesed people. So, why can't there be a possesed bee-keeper? Like people might have took cows to Mars, to provide them with milk, so couldn't they have taken bees?

Jesus Christ, possesed Bee-keeper, possesed Milkman, possesed Mailman, that always knocks twice...
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2009, 15:36 »

Jesus Christ, possesed Bee-keeper, possesed Milkman, possesed Mailman, that always knocks twice...

Edit: Possessed Jesus Christ, possessed Bee-keeper, possessed Milkman, possessed Mailman...

Okay, well. It surely makes sense to bring some possessed bees to Mars, where they can have a good time pollinating those beautiful flowers (probably possessed too) that grow all over the Mars. In case that someone of possessed personnel would want honey stat.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2009, 16:06 »

Edit: Possessed Jesus Christ, possessed Bee-keeper, possessed Milkman, possessed Mailman...

Okay, well. It surely makes sense to bring some possessed bees to Mars, where they can have a good time pollinating those beautiful flowers (probably possessed too) that grow all over the Mars. In case that someone of possessed personnel would want honey stat.

Nooo, people weren't possesed when they came to Mars. They became possesed after the gates to/of Hell had opened.
But, now I am thinking. Were the plants also possesed? Evil droseras, possed yew trees...

... niczym bracia!

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2009, 17:00 »

But, now I am thinking. Were the plants also possesed? Evil droseras, possed yew trees...

In Doom3 it almost seemed like they possessed the computer systems as well, so maybe we can all have a possessed forum thread, posted on by possessed zombie men and archviles. The cacodemons keep trying to post but even the advanced Doom computers don't know how to interpret the "acid ball" input.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2009, 17:08 »

Nooo, people weren't possesed when they came to Mars. They became possesed after the gates to/of Hell had opened.

Mars is a lifeless wasteland, i can tell you.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2009, 23:50 »

Mars is a lifeless wasteland, i can tell you.
But couldn't have the Doom Marine brought his favourite turnip or acorns with him to Mars?

And another question arises. Were there any women within the UAC personel? That would be horryfing if they were possesed through the whole 28-day period |:

... niczym bracia!

Mr_Dead

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2009, 01:22 »

To defeat Rick Astley, you have to be deaf (why not blow up few barrels? That would certainly be so loud that your eardrums won't handle). Or you can find a bee hive and use the wax from the hive to cover your ears.

Bee hive... On Mars... Yeah, sure, why not.
Evil levitating monsters from hell spitting acid balls... On Mars... Yeah, sure why not.
;P
ROTFL! Post of the month! :D
Oh yeah, i have to agree with that one, made me bust out laughing when i read it.
Endure.  In enduring grow strong.

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2009, 05:57 »

Angel of Sightseeing

Well, you'll be only once in hell so.....

Pros: Your sight range is increased by 2
Cons: You move 20% slower and can't run (hellruner 2 would return to normal speed, but still you can't run)

Angel of Meditation...

Pros: You gain 150 % of XP, you sense monsters, powerups and levers
Cons: Your HP equals 40 and can't be increased by Ironman, powerups still work though
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 14:29 by babul »
Hell Baron 2nd Lieutenant
[22|11|4|0|0]
Latest: Eagerness Bronze

Passionario

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 29, 2009, 03:03 »

Angel of Bliss (as in "Ignorance is...")
Difficulty: Medium
No matter how many bullets you take to the chest, your pain receptors report nothing. You can't see your health percentage, and attempts to examine yourself report your status as 'alive' (rather than scratched/wounded/boosted/etc).
Who do you send when Warp can't get the job done?

oohhboy

• Backer
  • Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2009, 04:31 »

Angel of Zombie Apocalypse

There's only one of them right?

The first level starts off with one Former Human Zombie. The next level, it's double that to two. The next level is double that to 4. So on and so on. 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024 2048 4096. Drops are normal, no special levels. Depth to be decided Kornel and the limits of the game. Stairs doesn't appear until all zombies are dead. Difficulty only affects the timing and ratio of the zombie types also maybe depth. If there isn't enough space in the level, they spawn in out of line of sight as space becomes available.

Pros

They are only zombies right? Former humans, sergeants, captains and commandos.
Ammo aplenty from drops.
No cyber.

Cons

No special levels.
Holy cow there are a lot of them.

Difficulty. Easy to Extreme dependent on depth

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 29, 2009, 05:27 »

I think it is high time for us, the community, to gather all the ideas (I mean ALL) and choose 5 of the best challenge mode ideas. There are 15 pages, and people don't comment much on other peoples ideas. So, here is the plan:

Anyone who suggested at least one challenge, must choose a challange that he thinks it should be in the next version. He/She must also write, why this challenge HAS to be in the next release. When everyone has posted their ideas, we make a one big poll, and choose 5 best challenges. When they are chosen, comes the biggest challenge. Persuade Kornel, that those challenges are really good.

What do you say?

... niczym bracia!

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #221 on: May 31, 2009, 14:35 »

Ok let's do the votes! But should we have some deadline for posting challenges? Anyway here's my opinion as for now:

1. Angel of Vampirism
Reason: Vampirism has been always great in many games! Oh yeah Phobos Leecherz! I kind of like idea of not using medpacks.. you can't plan your tactic or save healing items for tight spots so it's a good idea :)
Healing items don't work, but you gain a few hp whenever you kill an enemy.
2. Angel of Shotgun
Reason: We just NEED Shooty challenge!
Starts with standard Shotgun
Can only equip Shotguns/Combats/Double Shotguns
More shells are spawned in lower levels
Perhaps a guaranteed Advanced Combat Shotgun and Double Shotgun at certain level landmarks

3. Angel of Rocketry
Reason: Hell yeah, why would we need anything else than our precious RL?
In this challenge only you're using RL, monsters are behaving normal.. maybe something like more maze levels or sth should be added? Ah, and you start with advanced RL [these are my ideas, but I'm for basic idea of using only RL]
4.Angel of Meditation
Reason: Feats like getting more XP at expense of health are good :)
Pros: You gain 150 % of XP, you sense monsters, powerups and levers
Cons: Your HP equals 40 and can't be increased by Ironman, powerups still work though. [I don't know if I can vote on my own idea, but I would like to see some challenge with experience bonus, it's always attractive :)

5. Angel of Carnage
Reason: Just like any specific weapon type - it just should be in the game.
You start with a chaingun, and cant't unwield it. (easy challenge).

Yeah, I know my explaintations are kind of lame... I just feel that these challenges would be fun, interesting and sometimes it comes from thought that I think many of us had, like 'wtf why there's no shooty challenge, it's so obvious omg?', so I'm voting on these :)
[22|11|4|0|0]

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2009, 02:23 »

Babul, what I meant, that you choose one of your ideas and try to promote it. After everyone does that, we ALL choose five best presentations [;

... niczym bracia!

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2009, 12:44 »

You know.. We should need a new topic for this - first post would be complete updated list of ideas and then we should add pool etc! So... maybe you start it since you came out with idea?
[22|11|4|0|0]

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2009, 12:59 »

hehe, ok, when I have some more time, give me a weeks time

... niczym bracia!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43