DoomRL > Requests For Features

Challenge modes ideas - old and new.

<< < (126/127) > >>

papilio:
Angel of Nudity - You cannot wear armor or boots, but get +3*lvl% resistances.

Great idea, but +3*lv% res is overpowered. +1~1.5*lv% is enough w/ TaN.
(If you ask me to name it, I'll rename it as "Angel of Stoneskin" :P)

Angel of Blinking - Every action has a 2% or 3% chance of teleporting you somewhere nearby, like a shambler.

interesting, sound extremely dangerous.

Angel of Blindness - Your field of vision is of radius 2, but enemies outside your vision are marked by Xs at a large range. The second rank of intuition lets you see what kind of monsters are close to you, as from a Tracking Map.
Archangel of Blindness - Your field of vision has radius 1, but you always have a Computer Map effect. You can already sense monsters a couple tiles beyond your vision, which can be extended by the second rank of intuition.

We already have AoD..

Angel of Conflict - Every monster is set to actively hunt the player.

Great. How about this: Archangel of Conflict : Every monster is set to teleport near you (same effect as "You feel being targeted!")

Angel of Stasis - Movement speed is doubled for doomguy and enemies, knockback is halved.

How about just +20% speed boost for every monster? as a compensation, you get +2 passive protection.

ujk:

--- Quote from: papilio on April 02, 2015, 00:06 ---Angel of Stasis - Movement speed TIME is doubled for doomguy and enemies, knockback is halved.

How about just +20% speed boost for every monster? as a compensation, you get +2 passive protection.

--- End quote ---

Hmm? I tried to think of a high-gravity environment, where movement is slow and things tend to fall quickly. So everything gets a -50% speed modifier, which strongly discourages moving when there are ranged attackers around.

Angel of Dakka - every attack is carried out twice at no extra cost of time or ammo. So a double shotgun would make 4 blasts, and an archvile would hit for 40hp.

singalen:
Angel of laptops: you cannot move diagonally.

thelaptop:

--- Quote from: singalen on September 21, 2015, 15:11 ---Angel of laptops: you cannot move diagonally.

--- End quote ---
What, I can move diagonally!

Maybe Angel of Gridbugs?

Equality:

--- Quote ---every attack is carried out twice at no extra cost of time or ammo
--- End quote ---
Instagib Challenge: every hit is fatal except lava/acid/barrels and splash damage from rockets. No armor or protection count. You shoot - they die. They shoot - you die :) Does not matter what weapon - one 10mm bullet quite enough for everybody. Just like anybody have 1 hp, but can pass lava-acid pools and do rocketjumps as usual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version