Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 16:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43

Author Topic: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.  (Read 293035 times)

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2009, 11:53 »

New Idea:
Angel of UAC(what's this?)
You're the last chance of UAC. And they understand this.They do not send you in battle armless, they support you. At the beginning of each level, they drop you cargo, which contains UAC best developments. Demons are jealious to you and so they're mean mean mean. They do not give you a single 10mm ammo from former human,not saying about plasma cell.
Adv: you have endless ammo and weapons suitable for current level.(No advantages in hell, optional)
Disadv: demons do not drop anything, no items on the level.
The drop maybe:
HNTR:5 meds(small or large), Z ammo(for current weapon), weapon from Combat shotgun to Rocket launcher, every 4 levels a unique(optional), armor.
HMP: 3meds,Z*2 ammo, weapon, every 6 levels unique, every 2 lvl armor
UV: 2 small meds, Z*4 ammo, every 12 levels unique, every 4 lvl armor
N!: simular to UV but drop every 2 lvl(not including ammo)
Z is value which I don't know, could be from 100 to 500. 2 10mm = 1 12g = 0,1 rocket
Remember,that UAC could drop only HUMAN weapons, pistols,shotguns(every) or Rcket Launchers. Uniques too(blaster not included).
This angel could have variatives, like Angel of Mean, where disadv are the same, except weapons on the floor, and adv is that formers couldn't use or get human weapons(you're mean!).
That's all
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2009, 12:55 »

New Idea:
Angel of UAC(what's this?)
You're the last chance of UAC. And they understand this.They do not send you in battle armless, they support you. At the beginning of each level, they drop you cargo, which contains UAC best developments. Demons are jealious to you and so they're mean mean mean. They do not give you a single 10mm ammo from former human,not saying about plasma cell.
Adv: you have endless ammo and weapons suitable for current level.(No advantages in hell, optional)
Disadv: demons do not drop anything, no items on the level.
The drop maybe:
HNTR:5 meds(small or large), Z ammo(for current weapon), weapon from Combat shotgun to Rocket launcher, every 4 levels a unique(optional), armor.
HMP: 3meds,Z*2 ammo, weapon, every 6 levels unique, every 2 lvl armor
UV: 2 small meds, Z*4 ammo, every 12 levels unique, every 4 lvl armor
Z is value which I don't know, could be from 100 to 500. 2 10mm = 1 12g = 0,1 rocket

I like it. But i'd rather made it use current item probability system (so large meds would have higher chance to spawn on later levels than small ones). And made ammo spawning level-dependant, so it could generate several types of ammo, but only for weapons that are actual for current level (so more rockets and plasma cells on later levels, but 10mm and shotgun ammo should still be there). And i'd changed some numbers:
HNTR: 2 meds (5 is too much), ammo, weapon, every 5 levels a unique (so 4 unique per game), armor.
HMP: 2 meds, Z*2 ammo, weapon, every 7 levels unique (so 3 unique per game), every 2 lvl armor
UV: 1 med, Z*3 ammo, weapon, every 12 levels unique (2), every 2 lvl armor (armor is vital for higher difficulties)

And one more thing: all weapons of doomguy are human creations. Imho plasma rifle/chainsaw/BFG 9K should be generated too (the last one not for all difficulties and on later level only).
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2009, 13:51 »

Read the description to plasma cells - the peak of demons frying technology!  They're not human. And I don't like them. And it would make the challenge not so challenging. Maybe deploing BFG9k right on lvl25, and BFG10k on lvl26.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2009, 20:23 »

BTW, BFG10K is *the* weapon against JC :)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

LockeCarnelia

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • No Rest For The Wicked
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2009, 20:57 »

The In-Game descriptions should not be what you base "Can a Marine have this" off of.

Mainly because in original Doom lore, the Plasma Rifle and the BFG9k were both developed before the invasion, and assumedly, the plasma cells might've been invented BEFORE the weapons, or, at least, the basic technologies to enable someone to construct them.

For maximum Doomishness, Plasma Rifles and BFGs would have to be in.

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2009, 01:08 »

That, and it never actually says what ZZ claims, so...

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2009, 07:04 »

Read the description to plasma cells - the peak of demons frying technology!  They're not human. And I don't like them. And it would make the challenge not so challenging. Maybe deploing BFG9k right on lvl25, and BFG10k on lvl26.

LockeCarnelia is true. If description says that it's a product of demon technology - then it's Kornel fault - in original DooM demons had no technology, and all weapons was developed by UAC. Also, i would like to watch you trying to clear arach's cave on UV with just chaingun...
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Vestin

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2009, 09:59 »

Read the description to plasma cells - the peak of demons frying technology!  They're not human.
Why ? It's the peak of the technology, created with the purpose of frying demons. You think that the demons like to fry themselves that much ;) ?
It's "demon-frying" technology, not frying technology of demon origin...

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2009, 11:30 »

Okay,okay. But no Revenant launchers - this would be really unfair.
It's a little more, but I had a NEW idea
Angel of Bloodlust/Vampirizm
UAC thought that if they send a monster instead of human they would win. They're right. With unreal powers you confront the demons. Phobos, beware.
Adv. - all-time berserk,"bloodlust" feature(see below)
Disadv. - no chance to use ANY item(including power-ups), except fists(claws)
"Bloodlust" is regaining healt from fallen enemies or from enemies themselves. 5% from dealed dmg goes to your health. If you stand on blooded floor you regain 5 health for 10 turns(after - none). If you stand on the pool of blood - 10 hp by 20 turns. And if you attack smb without full health - no blood is spilled(somebody drank all of it).
Your ideas?

Captain Trek

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2009, 14:08 »

I must say, it surprises me just how much of a reccuring theme the suggestion of a "vampire mode" seems to be, to be honest...

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2009, 19:23 »

must be people's natural inclination to suck.
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.

Sachiko

• Sergeant
  • I hunt down Cheat-modders and collect their skulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2009, 12:11 »

I see what you did there...
If you ever use cheat-mode, I'll go for you and kill you while you sleep.

Smiley

• Lance Corporal
  • Smile or die?
    • View Profile
    • Boring SPMMORPG) Recruitment Link
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2009, 20:39 »

Angel of Hunger

Player must get food to keep himself alive longer... With time the player gets hungrier and different things happen, including change of status. To keep him/herself fed the player can find MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) packages which can be randomly found on every level except special levels like Hell's Arena and so on...

Corpses can be eaten too but give various effects and temporary/permanent traits, most of which can be negative.

Stuffed - Speed -50%, Temporary Trait of Ironman (3) for 250/5000 (Up to RNG) turns. Though the turns are halved when status lowers...

In-game Quote "Oh boy..."

Well Fed - No bonuses or disadvantages...

In-game Quote "That hit the spot..."

Hungry - Speed -25%, -5 HP every fifty turns with the message 'Your stomach grumbles...'

In-game Quote "I need some chow..."

Very hungry - Speed +10%, -10 HP every twenty five turns with the message 'Your stomach grumbles loudly...' and skipping a turn.

In-game Quote "Gimme some chow!"

Starving - Speed +50%, -5 HP every five turns, if there are MRE's in sight the player goes berserk during which the previous effect does not happen until the MRE is not eaten or berserk status is worn off.

In-game Quote "Food..."

---

MRE packages have their own statuses and various effects...

Ripe - There are two outcomes when this MRE is eaten. One is that it changes the player's status to 'Well Fed' if the player's status is below 'Well Fed' and the other changes player's status to Stuffed when the player is 'Well Fed'. It also acts as a small med-pack...

In-game Description: 'It's as if this 'Meal Ready to Eat' is right of the production line...'

Normal - Raises the status by one and acts as a small med-pack. Can't raise player status to Stuffed.

In-game Description: 'Tastes like toilet paper...'

Rotten - Raises the status by one and restores 10 HP though there's a 80% chance of lowering the status instead raising it.

In-game Description: 'How old is this? Two, three, six decades?'
In-game quote when status is raised: "Ugh, damn that's nasty..."
In-game quote when status is lowered when the player is not starving: "Hurk, I feel like shit..."
In-game message when status is lowered bellow Starving: 'Congratulations marine! You just stupidly died of food poisoning...'

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2009, 00:01 »

ooh ooh i can play this!

Angel of Yendor: Go play Nethack.
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.

Angle of Death

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2009, 02:23 »

Angel of Quake
Hard

"Where the hell am I? This isn't the war I signed up for!"

You are an elite soldier of Earth, sent against a ruthless alien foe. Too bad you wandered through that funny portal.

Pros: You start out with a Blaster instead of a pistol, the Bfg10K Is guaranteed to spawn in Hell's armory, and the Railgun appears on level 20.

Cons: Your weapons aren't quite right. They're not the ones you trained with in basic. You take a to-hit penalty with all weaons except the Blaster, Bfg10K, and Railgun, until you reach character level 5.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43