Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 01:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.  (Read 290928 times)

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
Re: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2009, 01:51 »

New idea!
Angel of Hatman
You like head gear so much that you stole prototype advanced helmet from UAC before going to Hell, sounds quite fair...
Don't know how the helmets will work, but let's say it'll give you some basic bonuses + ability to modding.
Hell Baron 2nd Lieutenant
[22|11|4|0|0]
Latest: Eagerness Bronze

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2009, 02:01 »

New idea!
Angel of Hatman
You like head gear so much that you stole prototype advanced helmet from UAC before going to Hell, sounds quite fair...
Don't know how the helmets will work, but let's say it'll give you some basic bonuses + ability to modding.
The challenge means that there has to be a drawback, like, without the helmet you cannot breathe and die...
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Vestin

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2009, 07:34 »

THAT'S what I call a hype. We have NO idea what this stuff will do but we want it regardless xD !

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2009, 15:19 »

So let's say that you love helmets much that you will never stick mods in anything besides helmets :D
[22|11|4|0|0]

metroidRL

• Sergeant Major
  • Arch-vile major general
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2009, 21:11 »

angel of confusion
very hard
your head is sooo confused why you are here? why a zombie is shooting you? and what the hell is you gonna kill at bottom?

you gain more experience but when you uses something (e.g a medpack) you switch to a weapon and viceversa.

well since the only "very hard" challenge is AoMs this is another one :p
[24]    [20]   [15]  [07]       [03]
Bronze Silver Gold  Platinum  Diamond
Assemblies: 31/40;  Uniques and Exotics: 56/60;  Medals: 26/42.

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2009, 03:48 »

NEW CHALLENGE!!
Angel of Speed
1) Since DoomRL is supposed to be FAST action game... you have to complete each level within specific time limit! 2) You are so scared in being in hell that you feel you would shit your pants if you were longer than 1 minute in this place, and you don't wanna be embarassed... the only moments of peace you feel are when you walk down the stairs, well, you won't find monsters there...
Well, It could be 1) real time (depends on time limit we set, should be something reasonable, but I prefer real time, because it makes you think fast! Maybe something like 1:00 each level, and remaining time is added to the next level limit (maybe there could be some powerups that adds time; and there should be ability to pause game - but when you pause you can't see anything); 2) in game time (turns converted into seconds, so it would be more tactical, which I don't prefer in that challenge)
#2 is already implemented, as Angel of Red Alert. As for #1, it would be cooler to have a global time to finish the game (like 15 minutes)... it'd be DoomRL speedrunning >^_^<
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:42 by Kornel Kisielewicz »
[22|11|4|0|0]

Frankosity

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2009, 04:38 »

DoomRL already has a timed challenge, Angel of Red Alert.

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2009, 10:56 »

Yes you're right about Angel of Red Alert, but it's time is constant and if you are invurnerable, you can survive a nuke? But yeah, global real time could be a challenge... I think there's no way to beat game in 15 minutes in real time, but one can try :D
[22|11|4|0|0]

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2009, 22:54 »

Yes you're right about Angel of Red Alert, but it's time is constant and if you are invurnerable, you can survive a nuke? But yeah, global real time could be a challenge... I think there's no way to beat game in 15 minutes in real time, but one can try :D

Oh ho ho, I was getting bored of DoomRL but this has given me an idea for my next DoomRL demo.

Content:
Arenas
I've been a busy bee designing my mod for DoomRL (I got a spreadsheet and everything!) and I think I managed to polish my very very old idea of arenas as a challenge.

Basically, it's like Hell's Arena in that there's a big room with pillars and enemies. However, all enemies that spawn are demons that have no need for ammo, like cacodemons. The only way you get ammo is by defeating a wave, at which point the commentator will help you out a little. He might even give you a new gun or a couple of powerups.

And it just keeps going until you die. You can't finish it, he'll eventually spawn too many Cyberdemons and Arch-Viles for you to handle. However, it gives it a high-score system that isn't totally redundant. You'll basically be playing these arenas only to beat your/someone else's high score.

The commentator will also rebuild pillars if you break too many, possibly while chastising you for it. "Try to hit the demons, idiot!"

There could be variations, like:
Beginner Arena: Easy difficulty, healing items are more likely to spawn.
Arena: Normal.
Special Arena: Lots of strong monsters, but guns and powerups are more likely to spawn, making it about normal difficulty.
Underdog Arena: Normal monsters, but guns and powerups are less likely to spawn. Hard difficulty.
Masochist Arena: Brutally difficult, few healing items (but lots of ammo), Blade difficulty.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2009, 18:37 »

Angel of Sightseeing

Well, you'll be only once in hell so.....

Pros: Your sight range is increased by 2
Cons: You move 20% slower and can't run (hellruner 2 would return to normal speed, but still you can't run)

Unlocks the Phobos Hell Tourist T-Shirt, "I singlehandedly averted the Apocalypse and all I got was this crappy shirt". 2 point regenerating armor that's so bright and loud Hell's legions suffer a miss chance for just looking at it.
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 22, 2009, 15:25 »

Angel of Sightseeing

Well, you'll be only once in hell so.....

Pros: Your sight range is increased by 2
Cons: You move 20% slower and can't run (hellruner 2 would return to normal speed, but still you can't run)

Unlocks the Phobos Hell Tourist T-Shirt, "I singlehandedly averted the Apocalypse and all I got was this crappy shirt". 2 point regenerating armor that's so bright and loud Hell's legions suffer a miss chance for just looking at it.

That's just nuts.
Over and Out!

Smiley

• Lance Corporal
  • Smile or die?
    • View Profile
    • Boring SPMMORPG) Recruitment Link
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2009, 22:44 »

Angel of Misfortune

Difficulty: Nightmare

Congratulations, you are the most unlucky marine alive... for now. Everything you use can malfunction; your weapons will jam, doors will not open, barrels will leak acid all over the place, the precious medkit you want to use turns out to be a dud and pulled levers result you being doused in unsavory substances or spawning the lord of all demons to chase your screaming ass through nine layers of hell into it's personal sanctum for the final unfair confrontation.

Scared yet?

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2009, 02:59 »

Angel of Misfortune

Congratulations, you are the most unlucky marine alive... for now. Everything you use can malfunction; your weapons will jam, doors will not open, barrels will leak acid all over the place, the precious medkit you want to use turns out to be a dud and pulled levers result you being doused in unsavory substances or spawning the lord of all demons to chase your screaming ass through nine layers of hell into it's personal sanctum for the final unfair confrontation.

Scared yet?

nah, me 'n my cursed extremely rusty -17 silvered combat shotgun named Buck will be FINE!!!...anyone got a magic marker?
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2009, 09:24 »

Angel of Misfortune

Scared yet?

nah, me 'n my cursed extremely rusty -17 silvered combat shotgun named Buck will be FINE!!!...anyone got a magic marker?
What are you going to write with in in the Doomiverse?
Dolly Porton?
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

didit

• Private FC
  • there is no man behind the mask, only a legend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2009, 10:16 »

angel of surviving comrades.

well I'll be damned marine, your some of buddy's actually managed to survive! perhaps their radios crapped out on them or maybe they lost them during combat... what ever the case they'll most likely help you in your crusade to get the fuck out of here, and who cares if they are only packing shotgun and pistols, any helps walking knee deep though the dead is welcome here in the shores of hell!

what if all your buddy's hadn't been turned into mindless zombies, or atleast kept some of their human memorys? eh? well, the idea is that some zombies (former-former-humans) will ignore you (unless you shoot them), be a different colour and attack other monsters. they could give you some fire support or be used as human shields. heh heh heh....
"there is no man behind this mask, only a legend.... and a broom handle so it doesn't fall over."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43