Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.  (Read 290958 times)

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.
« Reply #420 on: July 12, 2010, 10:19 »

I have some ideas

Angel of peace (not going to bother writing a description) Every time you attack something you absorb half the damage of your hit you start with a green armour and some Phase Devices replacing Medpacks.

Another challenge idea without a description:Angel of destruction,you can not leave a level until you have killed everything,as long as there are monsters on the level you are on you lose health every turn but gain some for killing and to prevent arch vile farming corpses are gibbed upon death (the stronger the monster and the faster you kill it the more health you get)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:17 by Angles of death »
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

kingwesleyr

• Private FC
  • Death himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 22, 2010, 09:20 »

Angel of Mods: weapons, armor, boats are 25% inaffective compared to thier normal game counter parts. mods have 3* effect and more can be added to each weapon amror boats and mods apear more offten

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 23, 2010, 08:03 »

Angel of Future
Bullets? Ahaha boy! We're in the future, all in here we have is plasma and above!
All bullet weapons are replaced with plasma counter parts. Shotgun? Plasmashotgun. Chaingun? Plasmarifle. Yes even the weapons carried by the former humans, turning the diffuculty up quite a lot. Regular pistol wearing former humans use blasters due of no other plasma pistols but due of balance reasons will not drop the blaster, rather just energy cells.

Uniques/Exotics are not effected.
i dont even know anymore

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 23, 2010, 08:21 »

Angel of Future
Bullets? Ahaha boy! We're in the future, all in here we have is plasma and above!
All bullet weapons are replaced with plasma counter parts. Shotgun? Plasmashotgun. Chaingun? Plasmarifle. Yes even the weapons carried by the former humans, turning the diffuculty up quite a lot. Regular pistol wearing former humans use blasters due of no other plasma pistols but due of balance reasons will not drop the blaster, rather just energy cells.

Uniques/Exotics are not effected.
Now THAT is a challenge.

BEEF

• Lance Corporal
  • Made in Argentina
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 24, 2010, 13:41 »

Angel of Jujitsu: why attack the bad guys yourself, when they'll do it to each other for you? You throw away all of your weapons at the start of each level, and refuse to throw punches. Don't think about counting on weapons you find on the floor, because there aren't any. You're going to have to fight tooth and nail just to get a weapon.

To keep things remotely fair, you get to keep your weapons when you go to level 25, because otherwise it would be impossible to win.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 24, 2010, 19:56 »

Angel of Jujitsu: why attack the bad guys yourself, when they'll do it to each other for you? You throw away all of your weapons at the start of each level, and refuse to throw punches. Don't think about counting on weapons you find on the floor, because there aren't any. You're going to have to fight tooth and nail just to get a weapon.

To keep things remotely fair, you get to keep your weapons when you go to level 25, because otherwise it would be impossible to win.
This sounds like a variant of AoPc and AoRA + AoB, except it is much harder than AoRA and AoB since you have what will eventually become zero access to weapons on each level.  For the early levels, I think it is still do-able, but once the level is full of Revenants, Viles, Barons [of Hell], and Mancubi, we have a serious problem, since those goons don't really drop weapons.

Not sure if want.  >.>
I computed, therefore I was.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 25, 2010, 11:14 »

Angel of Mimic
You never had your own appearence, your own style. You only could copy evrything you saw from others. When you kill a monster, he's weaponry is your's weaponry. But beware, for some monsters have something more than weapons to knock you down - something you're not able to copy. Also, you can't wear armor and wield weapons.
Watch out of LS

EDIT: And I suppose we've ran out of possible ideas that are a challenge. Everything that can be a good challenge is already proposed. So I say that it would be better to include a different play modes into the game, and do not call it an angel, for it's more a different game, not a challenge
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 13:21 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 25, 2010, 12:07 »

Angel of Mimic
You never had your own appearence, your own style. You only could copy evrything you saw from others. When you kill a monster, he's weaponry is your's weaponry. But beware, for some monsters have something more than weapons to knock you down - something you're not able to copy.
Watch out of LS

EDIT: And I suppose we've ran out of possible ideas that are a challenge. Everything that can be a good challenge is already proposed. So I say that it would be better to include a different play modes into the game, and do not call it an angel, for it's more a different game, not a challenge

That would be something wicked. I think we need to ask a question what should be copied? Armour? Damage? Special abilities? Speed? Health? What will be effect of your experience level?
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 25, 2010, 12:28 »

Everything is gamebreaking powerful, health is dangereous. So player onle changes his weapon and armor. When he kills a baron for insance, his weapon becomes Baron's Acid Splash, his armor  -  Baron's Armor and his swap weapon Baron's Kick.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2010, 19:56 »

Everything is gamebreaking powerful, health is dangereous. So player onle changes his weapon and armor. When he kills a baron for insance, his weapon becomes Baron's Acid Splash, his armor  -  Baron's Armor and his swap weapon Baron's Kick.
I'd love to have the Arch-Vile's fire-blast weapon and resurrection power on swap please.

And suddenly, Mancubi become very very nice to kill...
I computed, therefore I was.

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 01, 2010, 08:39 »

That is once Fun tm challenge!

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 01, 2010, 09:07 »

Angel (or mode as I proposed) of Shield
You're here to deliver a new prototype device for further testing on the phobos base. But however, there is nobody left able to test it except you. So you must prove it useful and able to be used in real battle. Thus, you can't exit the level until there are less corpses than enemies. The device creates 7 walls around you, the empty space is the direction you were walking. However, any weapon you fire has 1/4 damage before armor.

You must be very careful and choose the best position and run away if got to trouble. You must kill some monsters to balance things out some way.

Kg

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Celestial Horizon
« Reply #432 on: August 02, 2010, 03:28 »

I don't know if it's been proposed so sorry if it's a repost:
Angel of Certainty
You are perfectionist. You have to be absolutely sure you know what you're shooting at. So, no more shooting into darkness hoping some monsters would get hit. To attack you must have enemy targeted in your LOS! Due to your sharp eyes, sight range increased by 2.

Difficulty: I don't know if it's possible (in some cases)

Angel of Bombing

You are sick of traditional weapons like pistols. Time to blow some shit up! You have bombs at your disposal, which detonates when this dirty hellish spawn gets close.

Difficulty: wtfbbq!

This Angel of Bombing is propably a bad idea, though maybe something like landmine weapon would be nice (let's say it would be slightly more powerful than RL blast)
Hell Baron 2nd Lieutenant
[22|11|4|0|0]
Latest: Eagerness Bronze

UltimateChaos

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Arch-Vile Mjr. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 15, 2010, 20:29 »

Actually you did, but that's fine. As for the spawning, I have seen a former commando completely surrounded by lava in a level, no space to move. I guess that would just be easy EXP in the case of the spawner. Also, I believe some enemies accidently spawn in normal games on top of lava and acid, which explains why you sometimes hear monsters cry and die early on in some levels (and it's not just demons). I think, for the sake of avoiding easy big dumps of EXP from spawners, spawners should at least be immune to acid and lava, and perhaps also be floating objects, able to move around (maybe just from knockback, maybe autonomous spawning vehicles!) in the level. Barrel explosions should still harm spawners, but ground surfaces should not affect it. If autonomous, the spawner could fly to clear areas (or the player) to spawn more enemies.
And I would love to trap a spawner in a ring of barrels, just for fun, whether it can move or not.

This could easily be implemented, and to some degree it is in the form of pain elementals.  All that is being proposed is another type of similar enemy that spawns something other than lost souls.  Could be fun.  On another note...

Angel of One!
You only have one HP.  To compensate, all enemies also have one HP but you are also limited to one inventory slot.
[22/22/19/7/3]
Just completed Strongman Gold ^_^

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 15, 2010, 21:12 »

Angel Of Gravity.

Feeling heavy? Now you will.
In this challenge every inventory space used gives you a -5 speed penalty.
Choose your items and armor wisely.

Angel of Coolcoat

Armor? Why would I want to wear that ugly thing?
In this challenge, you cannot use armor at all. Good luck!

Angel of Blast.

In this challenge everything that can deal damage, also creates blast damage. Even meelee and shotguns and your enemies, excisting blast damage causers cause even greater blast damage. Better watch out how you shoot..
i dont even know anymore
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43