Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 09:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.  (Read 291063 times)

metroidRL

• Sergeant Major
  • Arch-vile major general
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.
« Reply #525 on: July 03, 2011, 21:37 »

Angel of Last-Place

It seems that no matter how much you try, you always end in last place.
And now that you are in hell, you find yourself in a tough situation

You are the last one in making any action, regardless of speed. This means that the enemies are the first ones to fire, walk, pick up items, use items, reload, ETC.

As a compensation, theres still the AI cooldown.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 21:39 by metroidRL »
[24]    [20]   [15]  [07]       [03]
Bronze Silver Gold  Platinum  Diamond
Assemblies: 31/40;  Uniques and Exotics: 56/60;  Medals: 26/42.

Deathwind

• Colonel
  • HMP Angel of Patience 0.9.9.4
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 03, 2011, 23:41 »

I have no idea how that could even work with the way time is handled in this game...
v.997 [16/5/2/0/0]

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #527 on: July 04, 2011, 09:37 »

It really doesn't, since the game waits for your command anyway. The only time it'd be relevant is on the first move of a floor, and even then there's the ten move pause.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Drone

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 06, 2011, 08:28 »

Angel of Hallucination:

all icons apart from walls, floors and doors are randomised for icons, colours, sounds and names every level. So you might end up fighting a Baron of hell that looks like a Large Medpack labelled as "Plasma rifle" while making former commando noises. Would encourage extremely cautious play I suspect. Stuff in your inventory would have it's normal name but dropping it would show the name it has on that level.

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Adventure-seeker @ in the Cyber Dungeon quest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 19, 2011, 09:38 »

Angel of Exclusiveness

On the start player receive two random exotic items (at least one weapon and special, armor, boots or weapon) that he already discovered. Player can use only exotics, assemblies and uniques. Normal weapon can't shoot (knife can not be thrown or used), normal armor and boots will not give any affect except move maluses. Small and large health globes aren't work, just like small and large med-packs (phase devices, envirosuit pack, Supercharge Globe, Berserk Pack, Computer Map and Tracking Map possibly too, need to test balance).
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

If somebody will find grammar mistakes in my posts, please tell me. It's important to improve my English!

gilgatex

• Platinum Supporter
  • Alpha Supporter
  • Corporal
  • It's Personal
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 19, 2011, 11:15 »

Angel of Conscience

Every time you brutally murder another being, you inflict 1 hp of damage to yourself as penance.

It's similar to Angel of Pacifism, but you can actually still attack.

Edit: Might be fun to have a different endgame narrative for this one too
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:18 by gilgatex »
[12/3/2/0/0] Cacodemon Sergeant Major (0.997)
[25/15/8/0/0] Hell Baron Captain (0.996)
[26/15/10/1/0] Hell Baron Major (0.994)

Ander Hammer

• Elder
  • Major
  • burst laser rifle (2d10)x7 [80/80] (H1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 19, 2011, 15:26 »

Every time you brutally murder another being

What if you humanely euthanize them?
Hell Baron Major
[25|20|11|2|0]
Quest: bronzes/silvers i guess
[Inferno] ITYTD Win

gilgatex

• Platinum Supporter
  • Alpha Supporter
  • Corporal
  • It's Personal
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 19, 2011, 16:02 »

What if you humanely euthanize them?

Not sure how you would do that :p.  I was using the brutally murdered language for emphasis of the point of the challenge :)
[12/3/2/0/0] Cacodemon Sergeant Major (0.997)
[25/15/8/0/0] Hell Baron Captain (0.996)
[26/15/10/1/0] Hell Baron Major (0.994)

Steve

• Supporter of Chaos
  • Corporal
  • Misplaced Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 30, 2011, 09:55 »

Angel of Apathy

You sighned up for the UAC hoping to get a simple job that pays the bills, but instead These stupid demons decide to ruin your day, You don't bother consolidating your ammo, It's just too much work. Find anything larger than a knife? Forget about it, you don't want to get a workout swinging heavy stuff around, and Hell will freeze over before I unload a weapon after i went through all the the trouble of filling it up.

Pros: It's a challenge, who needs pros
Cons: You can't unload weapons.
         Ammo you find doesn't stack with any that you find later.
         The only melee weapons You can use are fists and knifes.

You found the chain-rocket launcher!

Tesmador

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 22, 2011, 08:01 »

Angel of induction

"You know about induction. You have one more: One more accuracy, one more hit point, one more armor, one more trait and do one more damage per shot.
But also the difficult level is one more. What does it meen about nightmare..."
[26/23/14/2/1]

Bloax

• Sergeant Major
  • Ohohoh! Here it comes! Here comes the night train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 25, 2011, 05:32 »

Score multiplier: 8|Ammo multiplier: 3 |Enemy Accuracy: +3|Enemy spawns:   WTF/+3(?)|Healing: 2.5x|XP Multiplier: 1.5 |Respawning (1.5x counters), player speed decreased by 15%, +60% enemy attack chance, no saving
;)

Oh, and you forgot the best of all;

One more level, for a grand total of 26 levels. Starting at 2, with 3 traits. :-)
I'd actually want to try that. Now, if only challenges stacked.. (AoD+Ao100, anyone?)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:36 by Bloax »

Uranium

• Greater Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Heavier Than A Death In The Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 25, 2011, 10:54 »

Score multiplier: 8|Ammo multiplier: 3 |Enemy Accuracy: +3|Enemy spawns:   WTF/+3(?)|Healing: 2.5x|XP Multiplier: 1.5 |Respawning (1.5x counters), player speed decreased by 15%, +60% enemy attack chance, no saving
;)

Oh, and you forgot the best of all;

One more level, for a grand total of 26 levels. Starting at 2, with 3 traits. :-)
I'd actually want to try that. Now, if only challenges stacked.. (AoD+Ao100, anyone?)

Doomguy Must Die difficulty?
Use power for power.

Bloax

• Sergeant Major
  • Ohohoh! Here it comes! Here comes the night train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 25, 2011, 11:34 »

Haha.

Also, I'd suggest giving two phase devices in Angel of Pacifism.
Because seriously, just getting stuck in a corridor with no way of getting out. (No way! You're a pacifist!)
Just sucks.

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 10, 2011, 02:32 »

Ok, there's 36 pages of posts. I haven't read all of them, so this may have been posted elsewhere.

After finishing a certain amount of Arch Angel missions (say 3) with an Arch Angel of Humanity as a definate, or at least once you you've finished all the Angel of missions on a decent difficulty, open up a new menu of challenge missions. *Foo* of Hell missions. Or perhaps just Single one, "Daemon of Mars", in which you have a class for each type of bad guy. Where you take on the persona of each of the game's enemies, with it's own mini-skill-tree (just normals and advanced), or a generic standard skill-up for levelling with mini-skills (or mods for standard equipment). You could take on hell at it's own game. A random amount of boosted formers spread throughout the levels (quite of few of them, with 1-8 traits, 50-70 health, modded equipment and armour) to represent all the marines that had a chance and died before Doomguy came along.

For some ideas on the daemon types, give them all their normal HP+5 with strange weapons or accuracy/speed/damage systems. Some weapons can run on "mana" (a constantly regenning ammo supply), hate (how many kills over the last "x" seconds), rage (H2H damage in the last "x" secs or turns, either from you or for everyone), fear (damage taken), trickery (boost for attack or ammo from dodges recently), scavenging (takes time, but you feed on corpses), daemon-tech (consume mod packs for ammo/damage boost) or unlife (health globes/super charges/invulnerability/berserks are your life and your damage/speed/skills). You could combine these or make them do slightly different things for different daemons (a skull gets a brief non-red berserk style boost for dodging, while a daemon gets its damage boost from taking damage), and life depending on their own form of carnage (skulls lose life whilst running and waiting, are naturally fast but have little normal dodging whilst daemons regen life but do little damage until they take some themselves).  Having the more tech-based daemon with regenning armour and mod-packs given on level up? Or imps that never run out of ammo but only do some real damage when they grab some life? A pain elemental that gains life off the damage their (or any) skulls do, but regen ammo (skulls) from damage taken? Mini-whizzkid-levelling, tech-eating arachnotrons with plasma guns they fuel off corpses? Why not? Pretty much an entirely new game, with a nicely evil slant to it. With the right traits, level-up types and boosters/combat styles I think it would work nicely. There's a million ways you could do it, to hell with perfectly balanced (yes, technicians are the best).

Perhaps with a yet another challenge level beyond this. Archdaemon of Earth. What this should be, I don't know....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 02:59 by Sambojin »

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #539 on: November 10, 2011, 06:01 »

Archangel of [REDACTED] and Archangel of [ALSO REDACTED] would have the same restrictions as Archangel of Haste, since they're replacing that.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43