Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.  (Read 291076 times)

Eyro

• Sergeant
  • Self replenishing superheated material thrower. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge modes ideas - old and new.
« Reply #615 on: September 07, 2013, 19:06 »

I have one! However it'd be overpowered on Marine because of Ammochain.

Angel of Fission/Fusion: Can only wield nuclear powered weapons.

White Rider

• Elder
  • Captain
  • Doesn't play much
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 07, 2013, 19:17 »

I have one! However it'd be overpowered on Marine because of Ammochain.

Angel of Fission/Fusion: Can only wield nuclear powered weapons.

The only thing I'd change about that is make it so that EVERYONE deals BFG and/or plasma damage in addition to the damage they do normally.
See how you like demons rushing at you with BFG-infused fangs.

* White Rider imagines Mancubi firing their 3-rocket array in addition to the rockets making a small BFG splash radius upon explosion
0.9.9.6: 10d 15h Arch-Vile Major; 6/6/2012 - 3/15/2013
0.9.9.7: 12d 9h Cyberdemon Br. General; 3/19/2013 - ?
V: 31 (5P 17S 9F) M: 32 I: 66 A: 40 | 26 24 19 8 1 0

Eyro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 07, 2013, 19:20 »

I'd face Cyberdemons in every level if I could start games with a Nuclear Plasma Rifle. I love that thing. ._.

White Rider

• Elder
  • Captain
  • Doesn't play much
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 07, 2013, 19:55 »

I'd face Cyberdemons in every level if I could start games with a Nuclear Plasma Rifle. I love that thing. ._.

That sounds like you have a reckless disregard for the well-being of your Doomguys.
You should try Ao100.
0.9.9.6: 10d 15h Arch-Vile Major; 6/6/2012 - 3/15/2013
0.9.9.7: 12d 9h Cyberdemon Br. General; 3/19/2013 - ?
V: 31 (5P 17S 9F) M: 32 I: 66 A: 40 | 26 24 19 8 1 0

Eyro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 08, 2013, 11:23 »

I will, gotta unlock it. Will probably take me a while.

Juice

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 11, 2013, 03:25 »

Angel of Greed - all monster can pickup and use items. Try killing those viles now, when they equip armors and use medpacs.

Archangel of Greed - all monsters can pickup and use items as well as powerups. Invulnerable mancubus? Or how about lost soul using a nuke? :-)
[25|22|20|15|5|0]
Cyberdemon General

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 11, 2013, 03:56 »

Angel of Greed - all monster can pickup and use items. Try killing those viles now, when they equip armors and use medpacs.

Archangel of Greed - all monsters can pickup and use items as well as powerups. Invulnerable mancubus? Or how about lost soul using a nuke? :-)
That ... actually sounds fun :).

Add in formers picking up better weapons of their type (sergeants would pick up and use a super shotgun, but not a minigun, for example) for some more fun :).
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Nick

• First Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 29, 2014, 15:52 »

I don't remember if it already was mentioned, but... Angel of Haste (1 second of real time per turn) mix with possible multi-player mode perfectly.

ujk

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 01, 2015, 20:36 »

Angel of Nudity - You cannot wear armor or boots, but get +3*lvl% resistances.

Angel of Hoarding - Start with a backpack, can't drop anything other than ammo (because expending it would be boring).

Angel of Adrenaline - There's a speed modifier for every action that depends linearly on your health. You get -25% at 0, +0% at 50, +25% at 100, +50% at 150, +75% at 200. So you move fast only at low health, and supercharging is dangerous.

Angel of Delayed Gratification - You only get traits every 3rd level, but you get to choose 4 traits at a time.

Angel of Blinking - Every action has a 2% or 3% chance of teleporting you somewhere nearby, like a shambler.

Angel of Blindness - Your field of vision is of radius 2, but enemies outside your vision are marked by Xs at a large range. The second rank of intuition lets you see what kind of monsters are close to you, as from a Tracking Map.

Archangel of Blindness - Your field of vision has radius 1, but you always have a Computer Map effect. You can already sense monsters a couple tiles beyond your vision, which can be extended by the second rank of intuition.

Angel of Conflict - Every monster is set to actively hunt the player.

Angel of Gravity - Knockback gets a +100% boost for doomguy and enemies.

Angel of Stasis - Movement speed is doubled for doomguy and enemies, knockback is halved.

Angel of Squishiness - Enemies always get gibbed upon dying, which means no resurrection but no drops either. N! fobidden in addition to ITYTD.

Angel of Plasticine - Walls and barrels are fragile and unarmored on all levels.

Angel of Violation - monsters receive a -100% melee resistance while the player gets a -200% melee resistance. You can guess the archangel version.

Angel of Mutation - You get experience twice as fast, but traits are randomly distributed instead of chosen.

Archangel of Mutation - You still get experience twice as fast. Every time you level-up, one trait is randomly taken away, and two traits are randomly distributed.

Angel of Alien - You cannot wear/wield equipment You have a +50% speed bonus but cannot run. You leave puddles of acid the way enemies leave blood-marks. If you press "." 5 times in a row, you become invisible to enemies. And you destroy doors instead of opening them. And you have +100% acid resistance. And while you can't use medkits, you innately have 1 rank of the vampyre trait.

Angel of Bieber - You cannot wield/fire any weapons, but deal 1d1 damage to all visible enemies every turn.

Equality

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 01, 2015, 23:25 »

Angel of Nudity - nice!

Angel of Curse - you can't pickup armor and weapon related items other way than Use it from ground. You can't unequip them until they are completely destroed. You start with empty hands, blue armor in inventory, pistol + 10mm ammo in inventory, and 2 small medpacks. If you equip pistol you never unequip them!
Once advanced DoomRL player
Find mysterious sword Dragonslayer
Say "Best thing ever found!" and start jumping around...
But he can't get the sword from the ground

papilio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 02, 2015, 00:06 »

Angel of Nudity - You cannot wear armor or boots, but get +3*lvl% resistances.

Great idea, but +3*lv% res is overpowered. +1~1.5*lv% is enough w/ TaN.
(If you ask me to name it, I'll rename it as "Angel of Stoneskin" :P)

Angel of Blinking - Every action has a 2% or 3% chance of teleporting you somewhere nearby, like a shambler.

interesting, sound extremely dangerous.

Angel of Blindness - Your field of vision is of radius 2, but enemies outside your vision are marked by Xs at a large range. The second rank of intuition lets you see what kind of monsters are close to you, as from a Tracking Map.
Archangel of Blindness - Your field of vision has radius 1, but you always have a Computer Map effect. You can already sense monsters a couple tiles beyond your vision, which can be extended by the second rank of intuition.

We already have AoD..

Angel of Conflict - Every monster is set to actively hunt the player.

Great. How about this: Archangel of Conflict : Every monster is set to teleport near you (same effect as "You feel being targeted!")

Angel of Stasis - Movement speed is doubled for doomguy and enemies, knockback is halved.

How about just +20% speed boost for every monster? as a compensation, you get +2 passive protection.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 00:09 by papilio »
0.9.9.7 (after reset)
Cyberdemon Chaos Mjr. General
Medals: 43/43
Badges: 26/26/26/25/23/7[/color

ujk

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 02, 2015, 00:25 »

Angel of Stasis - Movement speed TIME is doubled for doomguy and enemies, knockback is halved.

How about just +20% speed boost for every monster? as a compensation, you get +2 passive protection.

Hmm? I tried to think of a high-gravity environment, where movement is slow and things tend to fall quickly. So everything gets a -50% speed modifier, which strongly discourages moving when there are ranged attackers around.

Angel of Dakka - every attack is carried out twice at no extra cost of time or ammo. So a double shotgun would make 4 blasts, and an archvile would hit for 40hp.

singalen

• Supporter
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 21, 2015, 15:11 »

Angel of laptops: you cannot move diagonally.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 21, 2015, 18:51 »

Angel of laptops: you cannot move diagonally.
What, I can move diagonally!

Maybe Angel of Gridbugs?
I computed, therefore I was.

Equality

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 21, 2015, 23:36 »

every attack is carried out twice at no extra cost of time or ammo
Instagib Challenge: every hit is fatal except lava/acid/barrels and splash damage from rockets. No armor or protection count. You shoot - they die. They shoot - you die :) Does not matter what weapon - one 10mm bullet quite enough for everybody. Just like anybody have 1 hp, but can pass lava-acid pools and do rocketjumps as usual.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 23:39 by Equality »
Once advanced DoomRL player
Find mysterious sword Dragonslayer
Say "Best thing ever found!" and start jumping around...
But he can't get the sword from the ground
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43