Chaosforge Forum

• May 11, 2024, 22:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Assemblies  (Read 14055 times)

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblies
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 13:00 »

I doubt it can be wielded -- swapping with DS in hand is not really allowed if I didn't remember it wrongly.
I computed, therefore I was.

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 13:37 »

Well, I never even saw it, much less wielded it... I did find berserker armour a couple of times but... whatever. It will come in time. I'm sure of that.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 13:44 »

I speculated on this topic once - DS is primary hand, any knife in off-hand, and energy-shielded vest gives you all 95%.With Malek's you are much faster and the only trade-off is 90% on acid and plasma, which is irrelevant.
Anyway it's quite useless.
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 18:20 »

It all depends on builds. Anything with Juggler lets you shotgun swap till your heart's content. MSh especially. Anything else, then the Tac Shotty is a godsend, even compared to a T-combat shotty. Just tactically speaking. Sometimes you really can't afford that 0.2 secs, especially in a group of mixed enemies.

I like it anyway. If I was going to carry any off-build assembled weapon and a stack of ammo to go with it, it'd be a tac shotty. Then again, P+T are really handy mods, so I'd carry a combat shotty if I didn't have it tac'd yet regardless. It's a good upgrade for any build. It's like the missile launcher of shotguns, anyone can use it well. Everyone can use rocket launchers and combats shotties as well, but the ML and Tac Shotty are definitely upgrades that are build independent, and can be pretty reliably gotten or made every run. Although, I've had plenty of runs where I finally got my mods for it 1 level before the mortuary, so yeah, sometimes that upgrade comes pretty late.............
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All