Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 07:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Suggestions please  (Read 5691 times)

torch

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Suggestions please
« on: January 07, 2008, 04:06 »

I need some suggestions please for forums where people discuss indie game development of turn based strategy games. 

I have gone so far as to write an engine that works for a squad of people fighting zombies (meh) but it is difficult to stay focused on this without people to test this stuff out.  It is not a RL. 

I tried the Blitz Basic community as that is what I am using to code the game, but the thread sank without trace.  I tried the Great Games Experiment and again, very little interest and no feedback. 

So, I figured the people who hang out here must know of similar sites where I can get some reasonable  interest? 

Of course, the game so far could be complete rubbish, I accept that.  But until someone actually has a go at it and tells me what's wrong, I don't know what bits to change. 

I have 12 years of professional database development experience, I just want to do something different in my free time. 
the monsters are looking forward to your make-believe visit

Igor Savin

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions please
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:47 »

Is there a homepage or something?

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:55 »

Try TIGSource ( http://forums.tigsource.com/ ).
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

torch

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 05:44 »

Good point, I was using the Great Games Experiment as each game got it's own page as such and was an easy way to get someone else to host some info about it.  I suffered much disillusionment though and removed the game.  What I should do is find a free site and put something together, a few screenshots, version list and download for the demo etc.  I think it's what I should work on next. 

Try TIGSource ( http://forums.tigsource.com/ ).

Thanks, that looks perfect.  There is even a Feedback section. 

Wish me luck guys! 

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 10:00 »

Good point, I was using the Great Games Experiment as each game got it's own page as such and was an easy way to get someone else to host some info about it.  I suffered much disillusionment though and removed the game.  What I should do is find a free site and put something together, a few screenshots, version list and download for the demo etc.  I think it's what I should work on next. 

If you need something better, there's always some place to be found on chaosforge's server :)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 11:57 »

I need some suggestions please for forums where people discuss indie game development of turn based strategy games. 
Its kinda obvious, but...gamedev.net ?

torch

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 04:04 »

I do visit GameDev.Net but I had never really considered they would have the time for a non-profit project like mine. 

Now you have got me thinking Karry and that is the sort of developer analysis I could use to give me the confidence to finish.  Thank you. 

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 06:19 »

I had never really considered they would have the time for a non-profit project like mine. 
Maybe i've read some wrong threads there, or met with wrong people, or something, but i had the distinct impression that thats what they thrive upon, non-profit projects...
Nah, maybe its just me, forget it.
Pages: [1]