Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I want to say that... What do you want to say ? Say whatever, about any game  (Read 4219 times)

Daqin

I played AlienRL only and I'd like to check out other but don't have time to mess around so I'd like your help in deciding (or treat the post as general topic). I mean your general feelings, what you like about them, some experiences and interesting things to point out, etc. You may write about your favorite only or about all you played, as you like. Thanks i.a.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 10:19 by Daqin »

torch

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

They're all good for different reasons.  You must try DoomRL.  It is REALLY good. 

Kornel is spending a lot of time developing it to the highest standard and one day it might even have graphics. 

I feel it encapsulates the Doom universe very well.  It's very exciting to play and difficult to put down.  A tactical Doom if you will. 
the monsters are looking forward to your make-believe visit

Rola

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Trying out DoomRL is a must, especially if you like AliensRL. Despite being made by the same man, the gameplay is really different - in each game you must think according to its rules. For example in Doom you won't be able to backtrack, but you'll find superior weapons etc.

And, after all, these games are free, take up only few MB altogether, need no install nor supah-hifi-hardware - you can check them all in one evening!

Daqin

Thanks for info. I'll try DoomRL. However I hoped for more information, like some certain interesting things that may be found, even if it is some monster worthy to mention.. I'll change topic to something else.

Daqin

SO, I wanted to say that AlienRL has cool atmosphere. You should play it. I wonder how would it look with small, one screen map only (like in DoomRL or Adom). I like hunters. They are most likely like alien. There should be even faster ones, the deadliest. Maybe elities should be faster than hunters. It would be nice if ALienRL character could have perks and traits. That could add to strategy of using guns. I like pistols. They are most economic weapon. However nothing than colt is effective.
Maybe submachine gun could have singe fire mode, so I can snipe small "fry" and save colt ammo for heavier stuff. Somehow AlienRL combat reminds me Fallout for some reason and these are nice memories. Combat in Fallout has atmosphere. Maybe that's why I want traits in AlienRL. Modification for rifles and guns would be nice also, like scope. In many games I always like to modify, customize equipment. Make your own rifle and give it a name.. heh (by the way, such thing could be used in DoomRL).
It would be interesting to find some survivor, like a child, and take care of it, fend off aliens etc.
Also to mount workers... hehe, j/k.
Some military drugs or something from medical tower to burst yourself up temporary, become addict (like in Fallout) etc.

Daqin

I feel like speaking out again. Well, that's what this topic I ment for. Now I payed DoomRL little bet.
Can be rough. I don't know other modes than Hurt Me Plenty and at levels higher than 10 it can get hot. When big, nasty stuff start to appear in packs it gets difficult. I tested something rather interesting. I don't know if you tried it already or not. It is Intuition. Beside showing powerups and levers, at lev 3 it shows monsters as red dots. Very handy. Actually I don't need cat eye anymore (which I liked) because I can shot blind at monster location even if I don't know what's there. Sometimes I kill them when they are like 3 or 4 space away from the edge of my wiev.. I just see dot disappear and hear the scream. I cleared The Wall entirely like this by shooting rockets from far away distance in dots direction and could see the effects. However it can get hard when you find yourself close to them (because of lack of traits you could invest in instead of Intuition or Eagle Eye). So has to be careful and snipe them from distance.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 08:49 by Daqin »
Pages: [1]