Chaosforge Forum

• April 23, 2024, 07:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unknown crash? possibly related to Chained Court?  (Read 2355 times)

Rola

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Unknown crash? possibly related to Chained Court?
« on: January 17, 2008, 06:07 »

OK, something really strange happened to me today. I was playing AoB challenge (in both cases), when somebody rang at the door. When I got back the game was gone. There were no power interruptions I know of (besides, I switched off "going back after power interrupt" feature, at least I know why the machine was reset).

Later on, after I cleared the level I was looking in my inventory, wondering if I should dump destroyed armor and suddenly... the program closes. I don't recall pressing any key (I was still thinking), I have no cat which could jump on keyboard either.

Both things happened on the Chained Court, with a chainsaw in hand, while or after berserking, AoB challenge. The program window closed, so no messages, no savedumps. The lines of code that blinked are probably the command prompt lines from doomrl.bat

Or am I just going crazy?

9.8.9, WinXPSP2
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 06:10 by Rola »

Conker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown crash? possibly related to Chained Court?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 06:15 »

Both things happened on the Chained Court, with a chainsaw in hand, while or after berserking, AoB challenge...

I said we should get rid of the Chained Court! I said! :P

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 07:04 »

Well, considering that the game does nothing when idle, then either it's an issue with SDL sound playing (no control over that one) or an issue with something on your computer (no control over that one either. Please, do a test -- let the game play a whole music track from beginning to the end, and observe it.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Rola

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 04:10 »

Yeah, I think this is it. I checked the midi files and now I recognize the last time the game bombed it was at the end of midi track.
Pages: [1]