Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 12:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Can someone explain how armor, reload speed, and movement speed operate?  (Read 3281 times)

The Buttery Lobster

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

First off, how many decimals are these numbers taken to? I assume hundreds or better, cause otherwise 80% of 1 second rounds out to, oh, 1 second.

Turns versus seconds: 10 turns = 1 second? So 2 second double shotgun reload = 1 second? The wiki seems to flip between these two terminologies, it confused me.

Reload
I'm assuming that the reload is self explanatory-- i.e. 2 seconds for the whole 40 clip of energy cells, 2 seconds per shotgun shell, etc. However, I was a little curious about how much time a reload module shaves off the overall time: 20%, just like the trait? Also, how fast does re-pumping the combat shotgun take? How fast does moving/pumping take?

Moving
I have no idea what base movement speed is. 1 square per second?

Armor and damage reduction:
What the heck does that red armor '4' do? Reduce every shot's damage dealt by 4 points? Reduce it by a factor of four? Reduce the hit die by four (idk how that would even work)?

Accuracy
+6 baron of hell accuracy means.... what? what's the base value? what kind of % hit against you, the player, does a +0 attack have? what good is eagle eye's +2 to-hit? I have no idea.

The reason I'm asking all of this stuff is I wanted to add an analysis of weapon mods per each weapon to best employ them effectively, but i realized i don't even know how the mechanics work. Here's the only thing I could come up with:

Weapon Damage Mod Guide
Weapon___Normal Dice__Damage__Max Damage Dice__Damage__Improvement per module
Pistol_____2d4_________5_______2d7______________8_______1 damage per module
Shotgun___6d3________12_______9d3_____________18_______2 damage per module
Combat Shotgun same as normal
Chaingun__1d6x10______35______1d9x10___________50______5 damage per module
Dbl Shot__6d3x3_______36_______9d3x3___________54_______6 damage per module
Plasma R__1d8x8_______36______1d11x8___________48_______4 damage per module
RPG______6d6_________21______9d6 or 6d9?_______30_______3 damage per module
BFG______10d8________44______13d8?____________58.5_____5,9 dpm

The conclusion I came up with is that, by far, the only weapon you should ever use damage mods on is the double shotgun. Firstly because accuracy and reload mods are a waste on it (shottyman), but MAINLY because the bonus damage you get for the damage mods on the double is massively more then any other weapon.

Thoughts on other mods?

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile

1 second = 10 turns. So Double shotgun has reload sped of 2 seconds = 20 turns. For details how reload/fire speed mods affect weapons check weapon analysis thread - it's  bit complicated otherwise. And as for damage mods if the weapons damage die would be displayed as XdY then:
if(X>Y){X+1}else{Y+1)

[EDIT] Accuracy is explained in weapon analysis too. This explanation will be included into wiki when I'll have time and bandwidth to do so (So somewhere after 10th Febuary)

[EDIT2] Damn that's what I get for speed-reading
First off, how many decimals are these numbers taken to? I assume hundreds or better, cause otherwise 80% of 1 second rounds out to, oh, 1 second.
Since 1 second = 10 turns then 0.8 second = 8 turns. As for things like 0.08 turn I suppose the game has internal counter of 1/10th of a turn that isn't shown to the player. Anyway I'll try to remove "turns" and replace it with seconds when I have time. As for Combat Shotgun pump it takes 2 turns or 0.2 second. Movepump takes the same time as normal move and THAT is mentioned in wiki from what  remember.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 15:09 by Malek Deneith »
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Zeb

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

So how fast is movement then? I would like to know that as well.

I would guess half of a second, because it's been said that shottyman movement is faster than reloading a DS with reloader(3), but if it's 1 second than that means R3 would be faster at 0.8 seconds.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 21:25 by Zeb »

The Buttery Lobster

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

also armor, idk hwo that works

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile

So how fast is movement then? I would like to know that as well.

I would guess half of a second, because it's been said that shottyman movement is faster than reloading a DS with reloader(3), but if it's 1 second than that means R3 would be faster at 0.8 seconds.
Movement is 1 second, you can check that at @ screen *rolls eyes* So yes R3 is faster than bare shottyman, but since Double Shotgun kicks as hell and looses power fast over range you're still better with Shottyman.

also armor, idk hwo that works
Like it always did - 1 armor reduces damage by 1, to a minimum of 1 point. If you as how it detoriates than sorry, no info for now.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1]