Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Looking at stuff revealed with Computer Map when Invulnerable or Berserking  (Read 4274 times)

chalup

• Private FC
    • View Profile

Imagine this situation: I take Invulnerability, I go downstairs to the next level and there I find Computer Map. Whole map and all powerups are revealed. Without active Invulnerability I would be able to determine the type of powerups by their color, but with black and white Invulnerability vision I don't have this information. I can use "look" command only for the powerups in sight which is hardly enough.

I'd like to have always the same information about revealed powerups (unless it is intended drawback of invulnerable/berserk mode). The most obvious solution is to make possible looking at revealed objects out of line of sight.

Daqin

Maybe powerups could retain their color when in invulnerability or berserk mode ?

Mr_Dead

• Corporal
    • View Profile

In normal doom, powerups don't retain their original color in IV/BS modes, so I don't see why they should in Doom RL.  Giving people the ability to look at objects CM visible out of LoS...well...maybe.
Endure.  In enduring grow strong.

Cyber Killer

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • cyberpunk
    • View Profile
    • CK's site

in original doom just looking at an item You could tell what it is ;-)

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka

I'm for ability to look outside your LoS if you "know" what is there. Like in IVAN: if it's insede your LoS, then line appears: "You see there is * lying here", and if it's ourside, appears line: "You remember that * was lying there".
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile

I'm for ability to look outside your LoS if you "know" what is there. Like in IVAN: if it's insede your LoS, then line appears: "You see there is * lying here", and if it's ourside, appears line: "You remember that * was lying there".

/signed
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile

I say we won't colour powerups while invulnerable; instead, we make all items and powerups outside your LoS appear black-and-white, unless you "know" what is there.

Chamber

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

It's fine the way it is.  People believing they're immortal don't care what powerups are in a level, and guys foaming at the mouth looking for the next chainsaw kill don't either.

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile

It's fine the way it is.  People believing they're immortal don't care what powerups are in a level, and guys foaming at the mouth looking for the next chainsaw kill don't either.

Always remember that the Doomguy is a cautious berserker!
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."
Pages: [1]