Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 22:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Select appropriate unique on numeric keys  (Read 3418 times)

gunofdis

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Select appropriate unique on numeric keys
« on: February 02, 2008, 20:09 »

Currently doing something like pressing '7' to bring up a Revenant's Launcher does not work and will instead complain about not having the base weapon.  This is rather annoying behaviour and forces you to either stick it in your prepared slot at all times or manually unequip your current weapon, possibly dropping it. 

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Select appropriate unique on numeric keys
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 01:03 »

You don't need to use the [e]quipment menu and risk dropping it. Just go into the nventory and hit the letter of the thingy.

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 01:36 »

You don't need to use the [e]quipment menu and risk dropping it. Just go into the nventory and hit the letter of the thingy.

It's still too hard when you could choose it by numeric keys. At the same time, pressing a key will always pick the best weapon of the class you have: Jackhammer > Advanced combat shotgun > Combat shotgun.

Also I reckon I made a thread about this a while ago, but eh.

gunofdis

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 10:33 »

It's still too hard when you could choose it by numeric keys. At the same time, pressing a key will always pick the best weapon of the class you have: Jackhammer > Advanced combat shotgun > Combat shotgun.

Well, I would probably consider the jackhammer a double shotty for purposes of this, since there's also the assault shotty for the combat shotgun selection (why anyone would carry both is beyond me)

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 01:40 »

Well, I would probably consider the jackhammer a double shotty for purposes of this, since there's also the assault shotty for the combat shotgun selection (why anyone would carry both is beyond me)

Jackhammer is combat shotgun too. There should be an unique double shotty around as well, tho.

jake250

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.starforces.fr.st
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 20:27 »

Its old, so sorry to bring it back but Kornel said nothing. I think it should be added. Its annoying as well. At worse, add one key for Unique Weapons.
Pages: [1]