General > Discussion

A few forum ideas

(1/3) > >>

Thomas:
Just asking, but is it possible to:

A. Allow custom avatars (not that I have any good ones [yet])
B. Get custom titles (once you've been a prodctive member of the forums for a long time of course)
C. Show in the topic icon wheter there's been anyone posting in it since I last read it.

Directed to everyone: Does anyone else want these?

Directed to Kornel: Are these possible/easy to implement?

Turgor:
I'd definitely like C!

A and B i don't feel strongly one way or another about..

Thomas:
They're definatly in order of how much I want them.

EDIT: Fixed ups meh bad grammered.

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: ThomasA. Allow custom avatars (not that I have any good ones [yet])
I like the fact that Avatars are based on Doom. This way the forum has a clean and tidy look (note that I even took up the work of grayscaling them all to achive a pleasant color-scheme). Also I don't want people uploading avatars, cause I for once don't like when people use "rubber duckies", "pokemons" or other crap as avatars. No, I DO have a sense of humor and easy going, but this just isn't the place for such things ^_^. As for the question wether it is possible -- Yes it is.

Quoting: ThomasB. Get custom titles (once you've been a prodctive member of the forums for a long time of course)
I don't think I understand what you mean by "custom titles". DoomRL forum gives two titles to the user -- one is the rank (by post count) that is also visible as the avatar, and the other one is special rank set by me, that describes the users support for DoomRL.

I did however wonder to make a little diversity here, and give Turgor and Malek "Wiki Sysop" or "Wiki Admin" instead of just "Team Member" -- if the mentioned users would like me to change that, go ahead and tell me ;-).

Quoting: ThomasC. Show in the topic icon wheter there's been anyone posting in it since I last read it.
Hell, I would like that too -- unfortunately minibb does not provide any ready solution for this. I wanted to code that myself, but with the very little spare time I have due to the upcomming exams I'd much prefer to spend that time working on 0.9.9.

In general I'd like to hear more users comment on that, my decisions aren't final.

Turgor:
Yeah, Wiki Admin would be better, as i am not really on your team ;)

my title now might give people the wrong idea, like i can pull some strings and make stuff happen for DoomRL itself! (Not that i don't wish that was true ;D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version