Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 22:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sequence of monsters using items  (Read 2089 times)

Conker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Sequence of monsters using items
« on: February 07, 2008, 06:27 »

I'm getting the impression that monsters can sometimes use items in the space between me taking my turn and them dying. E.g. I fire a shotgun at a monster, taking it to -1/5 HP, but before it dies, it uses a medpack, bringing it back up to 1HP, and it survives. (I pulled those numbers out of thin air).

No real evidence for this - it's just based on too many experiences of former humans on the opening level surviving shotgun blasts to the face, and then healing, whereas I very, very rarely (if ever) experience them surviving such shotgun blasts and then NOT immediately healing. If you get my meaning.

If I'm correct in my suspicions, I think this rather unfair. After all, I don't have a chance to use my stockpiled medkits in a post-death capacity :P

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Sequence of monsters using items
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:52 »

Nah, it's just the fact that they use medpacks only when at 20% HP or less (AFAIR), so in case of formers this happens only when at 1 or 2 hp
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

kranach

• Private FC
    • View Profile
Re: Sequence of monsters using items
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 09:01 »

No real evidence for this - it's just based on too many experiences of former humans on the opening level surviving shotgun blasts to the face, and then healing, whereas I very, very rarely (if ever) experience them surviving such shotgun blasts and then NOT immediately healing. If you get my meaning.

nah. If they have medkits they survive shotgun in their face exactly as rarely as those without medkits. Which means almost never. Only diffrence is that those with medkits more often drop them after that xD
Lo! I have found the Holy Grail Of Firepower!
Mine eyes can but weep as they bear witness to  the majesty... The BFG 9000!
My cause is just.. my will is strong.. and my gun is very very large
Pages: [1]