Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is anyone else having odd issues with the player file?  (Read 2427 times)

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Is anyone else having odd issues with the player file?
« on: February 12, 2008, 11:56 »

Maybe it's because I imported my player file from 9.8.7 - But some of my games won't save. I won the game last night, and now I look at my player status and it reports my best game as level 21. I remember looking at the player status after I won and it told me that I had won once.

Is it just that I took the 9.8.7 player file? Or has anyone else been experiencing this?

To specify: This is in 9.8.9, on WinXP, the version with sound.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 11:59 by rekenne »

Rook

• Elder
  • Private FC
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having odd issues with the player file?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 23:17 »

I had this problem a few weeks ago, after finishing the two challenge modes to rank up to Captain. Both games were removed from my player record and my highscore list, but my mortems were retained. I have no idea what caused it, but until I know, I'm stuck on Lieutenant.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 12:46 »

The player.dat code will undergo a complete rewrite -- which may remove all the bugs with it, so we'll test it then.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

newmeat

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 19:25 »

I commiserate with my fellow doomers.  Just now I completed that blasted Angel of Impatience.  I'm the pack-rat type--its a seriously debilitating mental illness--and so Impatience made me very...impatient.  So I had a couple-three goes at recently unlocked Nightmare! (which took me all of 15 minutes) and had a crash which unfortunately I took for your dime-a-dozen no big deal crashes.  It was not.  Captain no more (sigh)!

By the way, maybe this is the wrong part of the forum, but thank you, Kornel, for the game.  It suits my roguelike needs quite well.  Especially the need to feel the satisfaction of actually completing the game once in a while.  As a matter of fact, DoomRL is the first roguelike that I've won.  I'm glad I "shopped" around [wink]. 

kilter

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 02:08 »

my history isn't remembered for more than 2 days. then it gets wiped.  in fact, it's almost never remembered - just enough that i know it works sometimes.

i'm also on my second install - my first install won't start anymore (corrupt player file? not sure?) -- can send entire folder to dev if you want.
Pages: [1]