Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 13:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A few random things  (Read 1601 times)

Happylisk

• Backer
  • Private
    • View Profile
A few random things
« on: March 02, 2008, 14:09 »

I started playing this game maybe last spring and just started playing the new version.  Great stuff, every single change has been for the better (I love the uniques). 

What the game needs is a bit more diversity in, well, almost every regard.  I don't feel like entirely new things need to be happened, but that things that exist could be expanded upon.

For example, instead of always finding combat knives, you could occasionally find a serrated combat knife which would give it a bonus.  Or sawed off shotguns, for a really nasty surprise close range, but much less effective from afar.

But more importantly than items, you need monster variations.  Certain types of imps that are faster and better in close combat, Cacodemons that do less damage but spit multiple shots. 

I think the level design is currently a pinch too simplistic.  It would be cool to have colored levers that are heavily guarded and required to open up certain parts of the level, or places totally inaccessible besides a heavily defended teleporter.

The last change I would advocate is the chance for a named unique monster the spawn in each level.  Like a special Imp called "Faust" for example with slightly better stats.  I'm pulling this from Diablo, where named monsters or champions have a posse.  I guess those are some suggestions for now.
Pages: [1]