Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 22:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Poll: Do you think the DoomRL Community would need a better forum?  (Read 3090 times)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/

Poll Link

DoomRL Forum uses a quite simple forum script, namely minibb. There are a few reasons I chose minibb instead of a more "feature packed" forum software. The main one is that te forum needs to be lightweight, especialy in terms of database size -- I've got a fixed limit of 20MB on the forum database. Second reason is that I wanted to keep control over the features. And third - it needed to be easy skinnable.

All three reasons are still valid, but I am conscious that minibb lacks a few features, most notably it lacks any kind of "unread messages" system. Taking some time to look at the source made me conscious that a "unread messages" system would be a pin in the ass to code, and would take some time (which could be spent on development instead).

OTOH, if I'd install a new forum, then skinning it so it is doomish might be a problem, especialy if the interface is complex :-/.

Hence I give you the above poll. Bare in mind the problems I noted when voting.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

jake250

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.starforces.fr.st
Poll: Do you think the DoomRL Community would need a better forum?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 02:24 »

Seriously, everything is fine now, new features would be welcome but aren't needed, you should forget about the forum and work for something else. IMO, the forum got what it needs to be a good forum.

Lexman

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

Same i think the forum's fine

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile

me too, but lexman, please stop spamming old topics with nonsense
Howdy.
Pages: [1]