DoomRL > Requests For Features

Proposed Feature - locked doors

<< < (2/3) > >>

JimmyJ:
Quoting: jake250000000000000000000000000There could be some small rooms with indestructible walls that contain stuff and ennemies, but can only be opened with key. Diferent color could also mean better stuff... So you may find lot of blue, a bit of yellow, and rarely red. So if you find a vault or locked room, if it requires a red key, then it may contain a lot more valuable stuff. Just an idea.

That sounds like it would be pretty easy to remember!

Zephyre Syx:
Quoting: Kornel KisielewiczThere was another idea tough, that vaults are locked with keycards -- and you can have more then one keycard of a color. Then you could use your found keycards either with the first occasion, or save them for the lower levels (where the rewards are better).
Yay!  You remembered!  But seriously though, I see your point where the keys would just hinder the gameplay, but think of the original doom (and how annoying that was).  From there, it's a challenge because the key itself is guarded by Big...HUGE ARSED DEMON!  But I guess it might be only useful if the key was planned out in special floors.  Its just some floors that does that, but not nessisary all of them.

Just a thought though.  When I was in that Chained Court, I managed to get a rocket launcher early and started opening up those 6 extra rooms...nothing in them =(.  *shrugs*

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: Zephyre SyxYay! You remembered!
Yup ;-). Welcome to the forum :-D.

Quoting: Zephyre SyxBut I guess it might be only useful if the key was planned out in special floors.
...or if the level generator would place them intelligently... the current one can't :-/

Quoting: Zephyre SyxWhen I was in that Chained Court, I managed to get a rocket launcher early and started opening up those 6 extra rooms...nothing in them =(. *shrugs*
Kheh, didn't think about that :-D. Well, maybe the next time (next version...) something will be there :->

Aerton:
Quoting: Kornel KisielewiczThere was another idea tough, that vaults are locked with keycards -- and you can have more then one keycard of a color. Then you could use your found keycards either with the first occasion, or save them for the lower levels (where the rewards are better).

This sound much better.

Thomas:
Keycards would be okay, in moderation. Also make sure that keycards take up no/little inventory space. My inventory is always cramed with 19 items without the keycards!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version