Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 04:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Two more inventory slots?  (Read 5221 times)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Two more inventory slots?
« on: April 06, 2008, 08:08 »

I did some tweaking with the inventory screen in the current betas, and after some thought I actually noted, that I could add two more inventory slots. However, I have no idea how that would affect gameplay. Please vote, and additionally please comment on it in this thread.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Mr_Dead

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Two more inventory slots?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:01 »

Everyone could use more inventory space...but it could make things a little unbalanced.  Another 100 (140) cells, 2 large medkits, or red armor storage could go a long way deep in hell.  Not that anyone would complain about it.  Except maybe the hellspawn themselves. :D
Endure.  In enduring grow strong.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:04 »

How about only 1 additional slot? Not so ballance-ruining, and it will make game a little easier.)
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

tisiphone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 11:55 »

and it will make game a little easier.)
Is that a good thing though? The game seems to be getting easer since I started playing (0.9.8.7) and I think because of this I’m finding myself a less motivated to actually play the game. After all what good is permadeath if you can’t die.
I’m not saying that this will throw out all balance but it would be a good idea, in my opinion, to stay off any changes that make the game easer for a bit.
Plus, do we actually need the two extra slots? Is it going to make the game more fun?
Well, I’m a skeptic anyway.
votes: nay
I want my games for entertainment and escapism, not ethics education, thank you very much.

Baphomet

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 12:35 »

Voted for Waaay cool!

Add the two slots, there is no reason against.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 14:53 »

I must remind that the game will become a lot harder once the AI is fixed.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Star Weaver

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 08:07 »

Oh hey, I have a login here. I randomly looked at the site yesterday and found there were suddenly at least two newer versions than I'd seen.

Anyway, I like it. My bags have felt even more clogged since weapon mods were added, though I've noticed that's a little less so in the beginning now since you can attach the first one you find to something if you want, without extreme luck.

I guess the backpack helps currently, but that's not guarenteed or early ...

Also ... I'm trying to imagine this game being possible, even on the easiest, with siginifcantly smarter monsters -- considering it currently (as of a few versions ago, haven't tried running mode much or anything) seems to eventually degenerate into one of 'keep enemies at max range or farther' and/or 'use health kits every other turn, then die' on the middle difficulties, at least, since I could never seem to dodge or get under cover or do any of the stuff that would keep me alive in the FPS ... ^_^

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 16:07 »

Voting yay. Besides, if it turns out to affect gameplay balance too much (Unlikely), you can always change it back.

cosmonk

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 18:01 »

How bout adding a trait to gain two extra inventory slots? Maybe makie it available from start, and only have one level or somesuch. That way it could come in handy, but youd have to give up a trait to get it.

Horyon

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 06:24 »

I agree with the idea of a trait giving additional inventory slots. The question is : how many slots per level should it give ?

Star Weaver

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 14:06 »

Yay, inventory slots for all.

Though, if you really wanted to, there's two more blank lines on the inventory screen that could be filled out with traits. Might get less pretty, though.
Pages: [1]