Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 01:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Those dang B's  (Read 4577 times)

Greo

• Private FC
    • View Profile
Those dang B's
« on: March 13, 2008, 20:06 »

How do you kill the Barons of Hell? I had a rocket launcher R1, chaingun D1, and Blue Armor. Those Barons eat 10mm like nothing!

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Those dang B's
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 01:17 »

Huh, they're not really that tough. Keep trying, and you'll get the hang of it eventually.

I remember how giant bats (ironically, red B's as well) used to be a total pain for me in Nethack, countless years ago, but nowadays they're easy.

tinyrodent

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 08:45 »

First I try to kill them when they cannot see me. That could be shooting around corners, or blowing up acid barrels etc.

Next if I have to face them in sight, start running and use a shotgun. The running mode makes a lot more of the enemy shots miss, but doesn't affect the accuracy of the shotgun. Note be aware of what is behind you, in case his shot misses you can still be hurt if standing next to a wall or acid barrel etc.

I feel reasonably competent in this game now and can handle most enemies up to Hurt Me Plenty. I even won the game on Ultra-Violence once with some luck. But Nightmare difficulty just seems impossible. I would love to see a replay of someone playing Nightmare successfully.

Tips for Nightmare, anyone?
Arch-Vile Major

Dawgas

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 16:45 »

Tips for Nightmare, anyone?

go for 100% kills, you'll need the traits

oh, and
How do you kill the Barons of Hell? I had a rocket launcher R1, chaingun D1, and Blue Armor. Those Barons eat 10mm like nothing!

hmm, what was your (character) level
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 16:55 by Dawgas »

Mr_Dead

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 12:22 »

go for 100% kills, you'll need the traits
Definatly don't go for 100% kills.  As any monsters who get back up are not worth any experience, your objective is to get through each level as quickly as possible while killing foes who are still worth something.  The only levels you want to go for 100% kills are ones you flood with water.  Killing foes that are on open doors also prevents resurrection, as does replacing one corpse on the ground with another slain demon.
Endure.  In enduring grow strong.

dimi1205

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 14:22 »

I play with chaingun and save plasma cannon for B's V's and C. It's VERY deadly weapon. Barons die after second shot. But you'll need to have high ToHit chance, because plasmas aren't accurate. Go near them. This will force them to stop cast acidballs. In meele, if you have TaN trait and red armor(7 defence, with unique amors more), they are nothing. Go for 100% if you want nice score. ;)

Chris_Lv255

• Private FC
  • Shottyman JR and Pistol Marksman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 06:08 »

10mm doesn't dent a (B)aron? You jest, my Marksman Angel known as "killjoy" can gun down Bs with his :v1 Dual Gunner and L3 SoaB.

Personally, I've always resorted to the Shottyman method to kill Bs: Start running around them at short range, emptying Double Shotgun blasts into their hides while you do so.
Needs more Peacemaker Revolver.
Pages: [1]