Chaosforge Forum

• April 25, 2024, 01:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rewards and unlockable things : introduce unlockable levels ?  (Read 13337 times)

Chynn

• Private FC
    • View Profile

Playing as "Evil" would be pretty cool. Didn't exactly picture it like that though, lol. A mech would be somewhat out of place.
I'd hate to waste rockets just to widen the doors I couldn't fit through...
And to believe my first dance with a Hell Knight (in v09810) ended with a melee kill...

Sachiko

• Sergeant
  • I hunt down Cheat-modders and collect their skulls
    • View Profile

Playing as "Evil" would be pretty cool. Didn't exactly picture it like that though, lol. A mech would be somewhat out of place.

Actually, he meant that the final enemy of the evil path, not you, shall be riding some sort of mech armour, you know, like the boss of the Predator path in AvP2. You, the Champion of Hell, would still have to fight on foot. :P
If you ever use cheat-mode, I'll go for you and kill you while you sleep.

Chynn

• Private FC
    • View Profile

Actually, he meant that the final enemy of the evil path, not you, shall be riding some sort of mech armour, you know, like the boss of the Predator path in AvP2. You, the Champion of Hell, would still have to fight on foot. :P
Blast.

Even after a reread, I don't think I'd support mechs in the game at all. This makes me want to crack open the novelizations for ideas on what Earth's side should look like.
And to believe my first dance with a Hell Knight (in v09810) ended with a melee kill...

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

lol.... im saying that the leader of the entire earth's military, when you finally get to him, will probably be prepared to not only whup some ass, but also even the playing field, considering that Hell's Champion would be more than a match for the best human soldier, on a BAD day. a mech would give the leader the strength to take you on with a chance.

Dawgas

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

why would a general fight himself

seriously, he would know to just send men with combat shotguns at you until you die

Chynn

• Private FC
    • View Profile

why would a general fight himself

seriously, he would know to just send men with combat shotguns at you until you die
And because of that, you'd want to A) blow up the base, B) kill everyone, cornering him in the process, and confronting him (and his combat ability equivalent to a Former Human), or C) sending the entire base to hell (literally), like Phobos.

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

answers...
A) if you have noticed, Hell's armies don't seem to be able to just "blow things up" on anything but the small scale. all they can do is blow up something that will cause a much bigger boom.
B) that's the point. and no, his fighting ability would be pretty good for him to be the Supreme General, but no, the reason for the Mech armor is specifically so that if anyone got to him with distasteful intentions, there would be hell to pay, and the General would be the Banker! plus, he would've been watching your rampage and would've figured out that without you, the forces of Hell could be repulsed, and therefore arrange to get you isolated from the rest of the army, at least for a time. and he WOULD send an army of soldiers to fight you out in the open; you just annihilate them with that BCBC of yours! after all, thats what a BFG, even a corrupted one, is designed to do: wipe out a room full of enemies!
C)before you could send it to hell, you would have to take it over first!!!! DUH!

Titt

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

and no, his fighting ability would be pretty good for him to be the Supreme General,

This is a hilarious idea. I mean obviously people do not become the commanders or "supreme generals" of any army by being some kind of incredible soldier, but the consequences of believing that they do, for the purposes of making a game, are pretty funny. For instance, the commander-in-chief, the highest commander, of the United States military is the US president. It would be HILARIOUS to play some game where you are some kind of Hell's minion and you fight your way through the forces of the US army until you face your final enemy...SUPER-SOLDIER GEORGE W. BUSH IN A MECH

Xael

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

Yeah, i still remember how much i howled in rage while playing Counter-strike Condition Zero. The boss of the penultimate stage, who was just a simple drug baron, took three AK74 clips to the head untill he droped dead. Surprisingly, the most realistic game in this aspect was the game called Cobra Mission (a game with a really unrealistic setting and gameplay): the general of the military part of the town couldn't even lift a gun at you after you beat his henchmen.

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile

And another thing to consider is the fact that most general tend to be well into their late 60's or even their 70's. Sure, they may have been "uber bad-ass" soldiers (or Marines, in the case of Doom) when they were younger, but age tends to catch up with most, if not all, people.

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

i mean he didn't get to STAY the Supreme General by being a weakling in his youth! he may be older, but that's why he has the MECH!!! although the image of "I'm not a tree, I'm a Bush" in a mech is hilarious : his first shot would either hit the White House or the Pentagon, then he would declare a national emergency and run off to Texas to go golfing for a few weeks...................................... 'Nuff Said.

note, the idea of a military combat mech is NOT undoomish, it fits perfectly : combat mech is one step DOWN from the remote controlled plasma-cannon-toting spider-tank-things, i.e. what the demons turned into Arachnotrons..... at least they can't do that to a piloted mech!

on a side note, i have a whole character, story, world, and technology for a Mech with an awakened (and therefore unwanted) AI, name is GESTALT : Graviton Energized Suit ~ Total Assault Link ~ [traitorous]. yeah, the last part was added after she awakened (self-realized, becoming a true, sentient intelligence), and get this; only one gun! its called the Omni-Rifle, it can fire continuously, in a burst, single round with precision (sniper), and can fire via SPG Launcer. SPG = Super-Propelled Grenade. SPG is basically nothing more than an overcharged handheld grenade launcher. as such, it can go pretty far before the grenade starts to arc down, though not as far as an RPG, but it fires standard grenades, so no expensive rocket propulsion to outfit on each shot! also means less aiming needed... also, has booster jets on back, not designed for flight, though it can assist long jumps, its designed to accelerate the mech along the ground. also, the TotalAssaultLink, is just like it sounds : Direct Neural Interface between AI and Pilot (pilot is termed an "Operator". yeah, its awesome.

sorry i get sidetracked a lot....
Pages: 1 [2]  All