Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 18:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Experience cap at level 19  (Read 16926 times)

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
Re: Experience cap at level 19
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2009, 07:20 »

Eh, I'm doing it so see the effects. Plus, it's nice to know that I really do only get so many levels to plan for in a real play.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Anarchic Fox

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2009, 07:39 »

Eh, I'm doing it so see the effects. Plus, it's nice to know that I really do only get so many levels to plan for in a real play.

I was addressing the gameplay aspect, not your accomplishment of bypassing it. :)

I think the higher levels should be balanced so that, on Ao100, you gain about a level per eight completely cleared areas after character level fifteen or so.  That would put a winning player around levels 22-25, and it would partly fix the biggest problem of Ao100, namely the tedium of later levels.  Up until nineteen you have the motivation to keep going because you want to make your godlike marine just that much more powerful... but then the motivation disappears halfway through, because you hit the level cap.  At that point stubbornness is the only thing keeping you going.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:44 by Anarchic Fox »

Captain Trek

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 19:44 »

Up until nineteen you have the motivation to keep going because you want to make your godlike marine just that much more powerful... but then the motivation disappears halfway through, because you hit the level cap.  At that point stubbornness is the only thing keeping you going.

And at what point does an Ao100 player usually reach level 19?

Also, what exactly is the system with regards to the amount of EXP required to level up? Does it increase based on some kind of formula?

Anarchic Fox

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 15:36 »

And at what point does an Ao100 player usually reach level 19?

A more experienced player could tell you precisely, but I remember it happening around dungeon level 50.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All