Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Scores Missing  (Read 10618 times)

Vestin

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Scores Missing
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 13:08 »

If I would find a way to intercept the closure in FreePascal before kill that'd be real nice :/
AFAIK - you can't. It's above the program level. The best you can do is make the game save to disk EVERY TIME the highscores are shown... which would be anoying and unhealthy for the hard drive in the long run.

Still, a warning before I lost all that info would have been nice.
Nah. Like I said - even if it IS possible to implement - it would take some serious rewrite of the whole game.
We could just put the info somewhere where the player would see it... Like the "You are running DoomRL for the first time" screen, the screen after that, the menu... or even the manual.

Generic

• Second Lieutenant
  • the local Doom consistency checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 17:06 »

[/constructive posts]
Would it be to difficult to put a "Are you sure you want to exit? Your highscores will not be saved this way. Please choose "Quit" from the main menu." message when you click the close button???
That would be pretty pointless, as most people click "yes" on such boxes automatically ;).
Also - I was pretty certain that Windows used to pop a warning of its own when you were trying to close an app which was "still running"...
Gnome's terminal does. Linux wins again! :P
[constructive posts]

JysusCryst

• Elder
  • Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 05:32 »

We could just put the info somewhere where the player would see it... Like the "You are running DoomRL for the first time" screen, the screen after that, the menu... or even the manual.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking anyway. Guess I should have specified "warning." :/ The "first time running" and the "version/special thanks" screen would be great. It would save a lot of RAGE.
Pages: 1 [2]  All